AP and EAD renewal applied more than 5 months ago! still nothing

linux1112000

Registered Users (C)
I have applied for my 3rd EAD and AP renewal on 2nd February, 2006 and have not received them approved yet. It has been more than 5 months. Every time I apply for EAD and AP it takes for ever to get it. Can anyone explain me why it takes more than 5 months to approve renewal? I already have initiated two queries and still nothing. Does anyone have similar experience?

Ead

Mine was approved in 7 days. There is a way to go to local INS office after 90 days and get an interim EAD. Look aroud the forum for EAD discussions and you will find it.

Yes,..taking 5 months is not a common situation but do not panic. Please follow up with them. I hope you have a valid H1 or a valid EAD to maintain ur status. As the other person mentioned, you can go to local office after 90 days and get an interim EAD

Good luck

Last edited by a moderator:
My wife applied EAD last September and is still waiting. I applied in January and heard nothing yet.

I went to local Newark office last friday to get interim EAD. One old lady processed my application, she checked all AP stamps on my passport and asked me to explain some of the stamps. I'm not supposed to know what number or what they write on stamps but she expected that i know. She was kinda rude. It took me about two and half hours to get the EAD (normal time). i made an appointment for the interim EAD about 10 days earlier.

my AP was approved

My AP was approved today (7/12). Pls see my signature. However I am still waiting/worrying on EAD approval.

linux1112000 said:
I have applied for my 3rd EAD and AP renewal on 2nd February, 2006 and have not received them approved yet. It has been more than 5 months. Every time I apply for EAD and AP it takes for ever to get it. Can anyone explain me why it takes more than 5 months to approve renewal? I already have initiated two queries and still nothing. Does anyone have similar experience?

Today my wife's EAD got approved - within 3 weeks almost. EAD RD 06/21/2006. Very strange!!! Wished they do the same for our I-485s - it's been now over 4 months since our PDs became current.

EAD approval?

Hello Aakash28,
Was your wife EAD done thru e-filing? Pls confirm.

My AP was applied thru e-filing on 6/26/06 and was approved on 7/12/06. Looks like e-fling cases are approved fast (not 100% correct however).

Aakash28 said:
Today my wife's EAD got approved - within 3 weeks almost. EAD RD 06/21/2006. Very strange!!! Wished they do the same for our I-485s - it's been now over 4 months since our PDs became current.

My wife got her EAD finally in July (applied last September), but by the time she got her EAD, it will expire in five months.

My wife actually called USCIS several times, but didn't get any information or response. The last time she called, she was informed that her EAD has been returned by the post office as undeliverable although we haven't moved for two years. The online status never showed it has been approved, or returned. This is really frustrating.

we received our 2nd EAD cards today

hope_Nov said:
My wife got her EAD finally in July (applied last September), but by the time she got her EAD, it will expire in five months.

My wife actually called USCIS several times, but didn't get any information or response. The last time she called, she was informed that her EAD has been returned by the post office as undeliverable although we haven't moved for two years. The online status never showed it has been approved, or returned. This is really frustrating.

I called USCIS yesterday and open 3rd inquiry. Every time i called they give a reference number. I asked about last reference number but they could not find anything using the reference number. What is the point of reference number???? Every time I called they ask for all phone numbers and address. I wonder why I need to provide my address again and again...very frustrating.

EAD renewal.

Yes. Mine took that long. I applied on Feb 12 2006 (2nd EAD). But i got my Interim EAD till Oct 2006. I called USCIS and told that the case is out of status. I complained for almost 3 times. After that i got a letter from them stating that "We are considering your request and take special steps to the response" Also they mentioned that "You do not have to make multiple request".

1 or 2 weeks later i got a message says approved.

So i suggest you to call the USCIS and request for a response.

Thanks
Sathya

EAD and AP

Even my EAD and AP not approved yet.. I applied both in April 2nd Week. Can some body help me giving info on this... like how much time it is taking now a days for EAD and AP approvals.

linux1112000 said:

Fourth EAD Approved!

Guys,

Applied for Spouse's EAD/AP in the last week of June. 26th i believe by mail.

Saw this morning the EAD status updated to approved. But no status change for Advance Parole. Just wants to share. Also found couple of LUDs on spouse's pending I-485 after a gap of 2.5 years on 8/8 and 8/9. Not sure whether it's because of EAD/AP.