AP - Advance Parole

voldemarv said:
It depends on local center and phase of the moon :rolleyes:

Because 485 could be abandoned if somebody leaves without AP. Even if AP is in processhttp://uscis.gov/graphics/publicaffairs/newsrels/Travel_10_22_04.pdf
Such individuals must be approved for Advance Parole before leaving the United States.
Hi Voldmarv/Billtoo,
Thanks for the valuable suggestions. The bottom line is I have to goback to India or Stay here and extend H1 and forget about my gc which came all the way until applying 140 & 485. I have waited for labor 3 years. So I am not able to take risk of loosing gc process by joining another company on h1 and at the same time I came to know that even if I stick to the company there are LOTS of risks involved during the process which may cause gc to be denied. So I am right now no where situation. Some guys told me to go for CP but my company may not provide the required documents which are legally bonded. Even it the document is not legally binded they may think that is legally binded. So CP may become risky for me. On the other hand if I go on AP while coming back ( I am not sure at what stage I can come and look for another job here, I doubt it is possible or not too) donot know consequences? Also If AP expires what to do?

Thanks
KK

Re: AP

Who gets the AP from USCIS? Is it you or is it your lawyer? My AP was cleared and mailed on Dec 3rd, 2004 but I haven't received it yet.

Thanks,

In our case, the AP' were received by the lawyer would then forwarded it to us.

Kashish

shah007 said:
Who gets the AP from USCIS? Is it you or is it your lawyer? My AP was cleared and mailed on Dec 3rd, 2004 but I haven't received it yet.

Thanks,

Cannot leave when AP is pending

The welcome page of USCIS has the above mentioned link about Advanced parole. They clearly say you cannot leave before it is approved. Asking a friend/lawyer to mail it to you is exactly what they are talking about - it is not allowed.

CP is risky, I agree.

GC process will continue though you work elsewhere. As someone said, GC is for future employment. You can also use the AP and re-enter and try to use AC-21. Renewing an AP should not be a problem - at the time of applying you will have to say the applicant is outside the US. Remember, AP is also used by family based GC applicants who are typically outside the US throughout the process. It is meant to make a short trip to the US because they cannot apply for B1/B2 as they have an immigant Visa pending.

kriskish said:
Hi Immi,
You are right.. That is the whole point is asking me about how long it takes for AP. Company is talking about leave of absence after Jan 31st. We may apply 140 and 485 in next two weeks. Also I am not sure how long I can be in India on AP? If I stay longer what are the consequences I dont know..
Thanks
KK

yarr they will issue you that damn AP and EAD for one year. So you can stay out of USA for one year but make sure you are back before it expires. plus also make sure that u or some one else at your behalf applies for next AP and EAD after 8 or 9 months to contniue your stay abroad.

I applied my AP using eFile option on Aug 12th and have still not received it. God knows what happened. Is there anyway I can call and verify.

Ap

I had applied for AP on Oct 25, 2004, and got approval email on Dec 29th, and I think they have mailed my document on 3rd Jan, 2005.