AP - Advance Parole

kriskish

Registered Users (C)
Hi Guys,
How long will it take to get Advance Parole to get from Nebraska Service Center. My company wants to send me to India laying me off and giving me job in India. We are expecting to apply 140 and 485 in next two weeks. After talking to attorney He says get AP and go.. then things will get continued here.. If anybody can give me some information that will be greatly appreciated.
Thanks
KK

That is a fact but only for people working in the US. If you work in India, how do you plan to get paystubs and such and the whole thing makes no sense. If this could be done, everyone would just work in india and process gc. Whats the point in doign a labor cert if this were true.

bigbadwolf said:
That is a fact but only for people working in the US. If you work in India, how do you plan to get paystubs and such and the whole thing makes no sense. If this could be done, everyone would just work in india and process gc. Whats the point in doign a labor cert if this were true.
BBW,
Common man what I asked and what you were replying? I asked how many days it is taking for AP? That was my question? You dont know my situation? My attorney told me to goback after getting AP and work there.. If you know the answer then please let me know.
Thanks
KK

Hi, I appled my AP in the last week of August, and it was approved on Nov 4th. So, it's taking about 2 months and one week. Hope it helps. Good luck.

amma said:
Hi, I appled my AP in the last week of August, and it was approved on Nov 4th. So, it's taking about 2 months and one week. Hope it helps. Good luck.
Hi Amma,
Thank you very much this will help me alot. We may apply 140 & 485 next week. Company wants me to work in India. But without Parole my attorney told me not to go. Jan 31st is my last date here after that I have to be on loss of pay until I get AP. I am not sure on what basis I can comeback but for now I dont want to loose 3 years of labor.
Thanks alot
KK

Hi, I wish you good luck and hope you would reap the benifits for the hardship you went through.
Regards.

amma said:
Hi, I wish you good luck and hope you would reap the benifits for the hardship you went through.
Regards.
Thanks Amma for wishes. My company told me they will not revoke my 140 and they wont use the labor for somebody else.. at the same time they told me that when ever I come back to US i can search for the job on my own.. Like on ead and after 140 is approved.. so this is going to be very critical situation for me.. but just want not to let it down..
Thanks for wishes again
KK

Kris..

Good Luck ! Make sure you file I140/485 together before December if your LC in EB3 category.

If you are going to India anyways shortly, why don't you apply your I-140 with CP option, it could be a lot faster? Just a suggestion, not trying to preach. :)

Kashish

kriskish said:
Thanks Amma for wishes. My company told me they will not revoke my 140 and they wont use the labor for somebody else.. at the same time they told me that when ever I come back to US i can search for the job on my own.. Like on ead and after 140 is approved.. so this is going to be very critical situation for me.. but just want not to let it down..
Thanks for wishes again
KK

kashish said:
If you are going to India anyways shortly, why don't you apply your I-140 with CP option, it could be a lot faster? Just a suggestion, not trying to preach. :)

Kashish

Thanks Kashish and Lc2003,
I have talked to Attorney and HR. The only issue with the CP option is some during the interview they will ask for a letter from the company about the position, pay and location and other stuff. That letter my company is not going to give me. Because they are totally eliminating my position here. Also my company is concerned with the letter as it may be legally bonded to them. Say at time of interview if they wont give the letter I will loose everything.

Where as if I take AP and go back. After sometime I may get the EAD and then after 180 days of completion then I will come and take the risk by searching another job. But still I will ask my attorney about the CP process again today.

May be I am the only person who is in this situation.

Thanks for your concerns about me and wishes too.
KK

Goodluck, hope you come out successful of all this.

Kashish

kriskish said:
I have talked to Attorney and HR. The only issue with the CP option is some during the interview they will ask for a letter from the company about the position, pay and location and other stuff. That letter my company is not going to give me. Because they are totally eliminating my position here. Also my company is concerned with the letter as it may be legally bonded to them. Say at time of interview if they wont give the letter I will loose everything.

Where as if I take AP and go back. After sometime I may get the EAD and then after 180 days of completion then I will come and take the risk by searching another job. But still I will ask my attorney about the CP process again today.

KK

Kriskish,
My Notice date is 09/09/2004
Recieved date 08/30/2004
Finger Print 10/08/2004
Finger Print received 10/12/2004
AP 11/16/2004
EAD 11/16/2004

So it took me about 2 and half months to get my A/P and EAD.

Hurry file your application as soon as you can. And Good Luck.

I think you have to be in US for the entire period when you apply for AP.
ie. till you get the approval of AP you cannot leave US. if you leave it is invalid. I might be wrong. check with the attorneys.

Thanks

immi_tracker said:
I think you have to be in US for the entire period when you apply for AP.
ie. till you get the approval of AP you cannot leave US. if you leave it is invalid. I might be wrong. check with the attorneys.

Thanks
Hi Immi,
You are right.. That is the whole point is asking me about how long it takes for AP. Company is talking about leave of absence after Jan 31st. We may apply 140 and 485 in next two weeks. Also I am not sure how long I can be in India on AP? If I stay longer what are the consequences I dont know..
Thanks
KK

For me it took more then 5 months. I applied in Nov 03 and received AP in April 04 and for some people it was just 2 mos. It is random.

Ap?

kriskish said:

KK

As soon as U file, I think within a weeks times you will get fingure printing notice do that.
You will get EAD before you get AP.
If you are just waiting for AP over here --- someone can post that to you, even if you leave earlier. Submit color copies of Ur ID as that is the area where one gets RFE's on AP.

Hope that helps

Billtoo said:
As soon as U file, I think within a weeks times you will get fingure printing notice do that.
I got fingerprint notice after 4 month.
Billtoo said:
If you are just waiting for AP over here --- someone can post that to you, even if you leave earlier.
It could be dangerous. By rule you should have AP on hand before leaving US.

Fp

voldemarv,

Yes, off lately people are getting FP notice almost imdly.. Well the policies at NSC change every weekend :) :) .

But why do you say it is dangerous to leave the country without AP... ??
The wost thing possible -- AP might get rejected. But that is so rare.
And even it happens -- one can always come back on new H1B -- after a year of stay out of the country.

Well then one would argue --- what if one will not get H1B after a year.. Hmm I am getting sick of these changing rules and frustrating waits.

This is possible

bigbadwolf said:

GC is for future employment . One can file for GC even if you are working in India or else where.

One of my friend got this way.

HTH