AOSWaitAtCSC Did you try for interim EAD?

sw28

Registered Users (C)
AOSWaitAtCSC ....
Did you try for interim EAD at San Jose? Please post your experience.

Thanks

sw28

My lawyer asked me to wait till the last week. I am going to get my iEAD day after tomorrow. I shall post my experience. Only last week the online status changed to say that the response is received for my RFE.

iEAD obtained at San Jose today.
Valid 240 days, starting today.
Old EAD expired 7/9/03

WAC-03-151-52xxx original application of April 17, 2003 not yet approved.

Reached there 5.30AM ....some 70 people ahead.
Started letting people in at 7.00
Was in by 8.00
Out 12:30, with 45min aprox. major slowdown due to BCIS lunch breaks (they still kept 3 out of 6 counters running, but the EAD photo lady disappeard :( )

Lady at counter wanted to see EAD receipt notice and I-485 receipt notice. Gave them photocopies, they kept both, and the original EAD.

Everybody polite thoughout.

INTERESTING INFO: Guy before me went for iEAD knowing that his EAD application of April 15 or thereabouts was already approved yesterday. San Jose BCIS did not find out, and gave him a no-fee EAD.

INTERESTING INFO: Guy before me went for iEAD knowing that his EAD application of April 15 or thereabouts was already approved yesterday. San Jose BCIS did not find out, and gave him a no-fee EAD.

Why are these fucking morons wasting everyone's time. What the fuck does he plan to do with 2 EADs? And we're calling BCIS officers idiots! Or is there something I am totally unaware of? No listing for EADs on ebay!

I guess the moron was worried that he might not receive his card in time, even if EAD is approved. That could have created problems with the moron's employer.

iEAD experience at San Jose

Today I got my interim EAD of San Jose district office. I did not have originals of INS docs but I wanted to try. The officer showed concern for the following docs:

I-765 notice of receipt
I-485 notice of receipt
I-140 notice of approval
Passport with I-94
Current EAD card

He did not ask for originals at all. Timeline wise:

6:10AM - Joined the line. There were already around 80 people.
8:05AM - Cleared security check
8:20AM - Got the token
11:20AM - Went to counter. The officer wrote some information
on the form and I carried it to cash counter.
1:45PM - Photograph taken
1:55PM - Photograph taken again (she said first one was not OK)
2:10PM - Had the card in hand.

Till around 10AM they were operating 3 counters and later till
1PM or so continued with only 1 counter. I don't understand why I had to wait for 2:30 hours for photograph to be taken. Otherwise everybody was courteous and everything went smooth.

AOSWaitAtCSC great that u got ur iEAD

I will also try next week.
Did the officer ask anything regarding the existing RFE on your EAD application ??

sw28

The officer asked me the documentation requested in RFE. I said that it was for I140 approval copy and was sent on 20th June. I also told him that although we sent it on 20th June, the status
indicates it is received on 15th July. He then asked whether the address I put in my application is the same as the one filed with CSC. I said yes. He just verified all the contents of application form and asked no questions.