• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Aos

alincosma

Registered Users (C)
Because the posts in this forum are contradictory, and I don't want to miss this great opportunity, I'm asking again: For AOS, DO YOU HAVE TO WAIT FOR YOUR NUMBER TO BE CURRENT, AND THEN SEND THE PAPERS, OR NOT?
My number is EU 10 xxx and I don't know exactly what to do.
Thanks . Any advice is greatly appreciated.

alincosma said:
Because the posts in this forum are contradictory, and I don't want to miss this great opportunity, I'm asking again: For AOS, DO YOU HAVE TO WAIT FOR YOUR NUMBER TO BE CURRENT, AND THEN SEND THE PAPERS, OR NOT?
My number is EU 10 xxx and I don't know exactly what to do.
Thanks . Any advice is greatly appreciated.

only way to find out is call KCC and ask if you can send your paper. my friend is dv winner EU00005XXX, and KCC told her she can send papers in october, even though they still dont know when her number will become current.she has received second letter (abt AOS) in august, so i assume everyone who received second letter can send papers, because they dont send second letter unless your number is close to cut of numbers.but again, call them and confirm with them.

I agree with you, but for people who don't have a visa in their pasport (i mean if they only have an approval notice for change of status) are not safe to go back to their home country, they might not get a green card, and might not be able to come back to US with their previous status. CP might be safe for you,but not for everybody. And yes, getting email from KCC and attaching a copy of it with documents when sending to CIS would be a good idea.

I'm doing an AOS, but I'm confused. Some people here said they already send their papers for AOS even if their numbers were not available yet. Or my lawyer told me to wait until my number becomes current. On the other hand another lawyer said that you can submit the papers for AOS after 1 st October. Now which one is it. I had an infopass at the local USCIS and they also told me to wait, and if I won't be processed this fiscal year to try again at the lottery. Crazy.

I would suggest not to wait untill your number is current, but watch when numbers before you become current, call KCC every month and ask if you can send the papers, and then send it.If number becomes current late (august, september), there won's be a time left for next things-getting NOA(that takes 2 weeks mostly) , then fingerprinting (Noone knows how long it takes to get results),interview and prosessing after interview. borya's number wasn't current , but he did get his NOA. also my friend did the same thing, he sent his papers without his number being current(EU OOOO 5XXX). And once you get NOA,you don't even have to wait untill they give you fingerprinting appoitment date, you can just WALK IN and do your fingerprints.it will speed up your prosses(Since your number is 10 XXX ! )
I know everyone wants to fallow the rules, but because of INS delays,your chance might will go away, and your number is 10 XXX !

good luck

Last edited by a moderator:
i will tell you more, i just got today (19 october 2005) invitation on fingerprints which is going to be 4 november 2005 !!! onece yo will get letter from KCC that you case number is complete, sent all you documents to your local uscis ! that will accelerate processing of docuuments !

good luck !
borya.

Hi!
My number is EU 12xxx and my local USCIS advised to send AOS to Chicago in October. I called KCC and they said to wait untill the number becomes current and than send the documents to Chicago.
I never got the second letter from KCC, but on the phone they said my case was processed. Do you guys think I can send my documents to local USCIS when my number gets closer? Or I should go with Chicago lockbox?

Thanks a lot,
Yuna

Hy borya

Yes I'm doing AOS, local USCIS Detroit. I've been there in AUgust for an infopass, and I've spent 5 minutes talking with the officer of imm.; she told me to wait untill my number becomes current, then send the papers and pray that my case will be solved before the end of the fiscal year. Ahh yes she also told me that I can try for another lottery next time if I don't get processed. Funny ... I went to a lawyer and he said to wait, I talked to another one and this one said to send the papers. So I'm in a pickle. :eek:
Now I'm waiting.

i think, if the case number small, in other words < than lets say 10000, probably it is better to send documents as soon as possible, and i guess Kcc and all other will suggest to do it as i am since it is very probable that with such case number, person will anyway(hopfully) will get GC. but in the case of big case numeber, some uncertanties exists, so people do not know what to suggest. some of them will argue that it is better to sen before current number, some of ten vise versa.
i would send documents anyway even before my case number is current, but it depends on personality :)
borya.