AOS while in removal w/ 601 waiver, timeline? please help!

nycwifey

Hello,

This has been a very long, emotional, and quite depressing process for my husband and I. He is currently in removal proceedings and we are applying for AOS through family based marriage in addition to filing a 601 waiver to prove extreme hardship on my part.

married: 1/09
filed i130: 2/09
rec'd notice for stokes interview 10/09
stokes interview 10/09 PASSED same day
rec'd NOA I130: 10/09
filed i-485, i-601: 11/09
rec'd reciepts: 11/09
filed i-765: 11/09
rec'd biometrics appt: 12/09
biometrics appt: 12/21/09
first master hearing 1/09

we have our first master hearing in a few weeks with immigration judge. my husband just got his biometrics a week ago. will the IJ wait until the biometrics are cleared before he schedules an individual hearing? will there be many master hearings before individual? does anyone know how much longer we have to go?

thank you all so much. this is so hard as we are ready to start our life together.

thank you from new york, ny.:)

hi,

thank you for asking...

we had a master hearing january 2010 and from there, we were scheduled for an individual hearing may 2010! 3 weeks away! so scared and so nervous..

do you know what goes on a individual hearings? my hubby first applied for asylum and got denied..filed an appeal and that was denied also.. but since then everything has been moving great.

do you know if they will ask about the asylum denial or is that old news? or will they only focus on the present..like current hardship i-601 waiver?

thank you.

Individual hearings can run 2-4 hours... Its a trial. You should have a lawyer by now. If not, maybe the lawyer can file a motion for continuance so that he can prepare for the trial. If you walk in w/o a lawyer, I read some where there is a 75% chance for denial. Lawyers not only know laws but they research previous cases that have been approved as a defense ....