AOS w/ I140 approved for CP

rd0814

Registered Users (C)
Hi,

My I140 was approved for CP and VSC sent it to NVC in Jul 2001. But I filed I-485 in Aug 2001 without asking NVC to send I140 back to VSC. Anybody out there has the similar situation and got his/her case approved? Is there any big delay or problem w/ the AOS process?

RD 08/14/2001
ND 09/28/2001

Thanks.

rd0814

Congrats rd0814

Wish you all the best

Pertaining to your question, I have seen a few postings of similar situations, check the archives, or keep this thread on top and someone with a similar situation, or experience will be able to advise you

I am also similar situation. My receipt date is 20 Aug 01 and did FP almost 6 months ago. My I-140 was approved for CP but applied for AOS . There was no info about New Hamshire office for IV and also my attorney told me not to bother about as there is problem about CP-to485 change.

please do a check

I would suggest you to check it with VSC and NVC.

VSC sometimes sends for inquiry to NVC to find out whether the person used CP process, since they cannot assign two numbers.

NVC may not be aware of your CP process as you could have used AC140 and applied directly to your consulate and so NVC further sends an inquiry to your consulate.

A friend of mine went through all this process and took him over 5 months than the usual time to get his GC.

did you get ead etc on time

i also went from CP to AOS this July but got my EAD card in 15 days. usually EAD is not given for CP case, so i guessed that the case is transferred to INS. Do I have to be worried now because of these posts. Any replies would be appreciated.

Can someone clear this topic?.

I have checked this with my Attorney a couple of times and he never mentioned about informing ( as suggested by some people in this forum)NV centre to retain I-140 approval that you can go to AOS. I did'nt do anything after I-140 approval which was for CP and never received a notification from NV office about it.

I have applied for AOS on 20 Aug 2001, received ND ( OCt 20) and subsequently received EAD and AP during November 2001. I am still waiting for status and see many approvals for Aug RD dates.

CP to AOS..my 2 cents

When my lawyer received my I140 approval, they got notice from NVC after 2 wks, saying we can do AOS but need to inform NVC whithin 30 days. My lawyer send letter to NVC about we going to AOS. You can verify that with NVC by calling them and with their automated system you can check if indeed NVC know you are now processing thru AOS. Mine saying" we received noticed blah blah that you are going AOS, and send back info to VCS" something like that.

Hope this would help.

BTW you can use your I140 EAC# to check with NVC. If you applied for CP, your approval has NVC info.

Mine is a similar case. RD 08/2001. When I spoke to IIO last week, she said that everything looks good and I should hear in a week or two. She also mentioned that they received the latest information on 1 week of Jul. I don't know what she was referring to. Is it the 140 docs back from NVC?

My lawyer did say that we need not do anything to inform NVC about AOS. When I checked NVC avm, it says ".....packet 3 sent to attorney on file..."

It says on my I-140 approval notice ( Nov, 2001 ):

==============================================
... We have sent it to the Department of State NVC...

......................................................................................

The NVC will contact the person whom you are petitioning ...

My lawyer filed I-485 to VSC in January. I've never got anything from the NVC.

Does this mean it was approved for CP? What's on the approval notice which is approved for AOS?

I'm getting confused. Please share your info. Thanks!

i am in the same situation...called iio

...a month back and she said everything looks ok. I expressed my worrisome about the case transfer. She said no need to worry. VSC doesn't need the original I140. The reason I worried was because NVC doesn't pick up my case number. I called several times...All I am doing right now is just to wait.

RD:8/6
ND: Oct

My ND is pretty late...I wonder if this is due to CP->AOS. Maybe they'd already done the transfer before they transferred your case? Any suggestions?

Somebody, please?

Originally posted by Jan485
It says on my I-140 approval notice ( Nov, 2001 ):

... We have sent it to the Department of State NVC...

......................................................................................

The NVC will contact the person whom you are petitioning ...

My lawyer filed I-485 to VSC in January. I've never got anything from the NVC.

Does this mean it was approved for CP? What's on the approval notice which is approved for AOS?

I'm getting confused. Please share your info. Thanks!

Hi Guys,

Mine is also the same case. ie 140 approved for CP but filed for AOS. My AOS is filed on Oct 11th. And my attorney informed NVC that we are going for AOS. That's the end of the story at that time
Later I got my ND in Nov' end. Got my EAD, FP done every thing set.
And when I called VSC a couple of months ago, and I asked the IIO whether she can request the 140 original from NVC back to VSC, she told that some officers won't need the 140 original approval because they will be satisified with the copy of our 140 approval notice (which will be sent to lawyer) and no need for requesting that copy from NVC. Hence no delay. All happies
But some officers do insist on the NVC copy and hence they will request which will take another 1-1.5 month extra delay.
And when I suggested her, she can request it now itself just to save time, she told me that she is not authorized to do it and only the assigned officers can do it and they will do it only when our turn comes ie only when our case is assigned to an officer.

Morale of the story, just stop worrying coz there is nothing we can do. Just pray for an easy going officer who takes it ez by not insisiting on the original 140 approval that is lost in NVC file archives.

Have a nice Day
BP

BP you may be right

I am also in the same boat as all of you.

Guess there is no other way but to wait.

Please also check out the listings by a member named ROKIS (you will have to use search for that username) He has also mentioned something similar to our case.

Any approvals for people from this thread? My I-485 RD is 8-30-02, I-140 for CP. Still waiting.

Nope.

My RD is 8/20/01 and AVM saya FPO received in Feb and processing resume... blah .. blah etc. Sitting fingers crossed.

I also whish to know any NJ ( CP --> AOS converted ) Aug filer's approved !

I140 approved for CP

Guys, don't worry. My I485 (RD 08-29-01) got approved on 08-05-02, even though my I140 was approved for CP. I used to think that i might have to wait for few more weeks (because my I140 approved for CP) but the approval came through already.
So, you could also hear the good news anytime soon. Wish you good luck.

RR

Re: I140 approved for CP

Congratulations on your approval & one question:

Did you or your lawyer ever do anything to your I-140, say, asking NVC to send your case back to INS? Thanks!

Originally posted by RR_Aug01
Guys, don't worry. My I485 (RD 08-29-01) got approved on 08-05-02, even though my I140 was approved for CP. I used to think that i might have to wait for few more weeks (because my I140 approved for CP) but the approval came through already.
So, you could also hear the good news anytime soon. Wish you good luck.

RR