AOS to CP (I-824)

kumarkrish

Registered Users (C)
Hi

I am considering moving to CP from AOS. Has anyone here applied for I-824 to NSC recently? Do you know how much timeframe it takes for NSC to approve 824. Also, I"ll fall under chennai consulate, so AC-140 is not possible.

Thanks much for your help.

I am also trying to do the same, mine will be under N Delhi.. I don't know much but as per my attorney, it can be done & the papers will go directly to AC Delhi, skipping NVC. The main documents would be original immigration petition, I-824 receipt , hardship letter & DS-230 forms....
Please let me know your experience & knowledge...

I filed for 824 in Sep 2002 and it is still pending (from Vermont)....the 824 approvals are going through very slowly.

I would suggest if u have a choice to go for 485.

all the best

All:

I-824 @ VSC is taking about 18 months for approval while @NSC same is taking 6 months for approval!

Remember if you fall under a consulate that accepts AC I-140 baed on I-824 receipt then you do not need to wait for I-824 approval. Currently amongst the indian consulates, new delhi and ombay are the 2 consulates that accept AC I-140 based on I-824 receipt whereas chennai requires i-824 approval!

Thanks for the timelines....i am going to ask my lawyer to file for AC140....any pitfalls that you are aware while filing for AC140?

AS long as:
1. Your attorneys include all required documents in AC I-140 packet
2. Your consulate accepts AC I-140 process
3. You not fall under any reasons for CP rejection which at a hig level include contagious medical history resulting into epidemic, illegal/ unlawful/ out-of-status history after the age of 16.
4. You have all required documents prescribed by consualte as in form DS-2001 (search for it if you need a list of those documents)

Then there should be no problems!

REasons for refusal:
http://imminfo.com/Knowledgebase/FAM/FAM_consularRefusals.html

No problem amol...all the best with your A CI-140 application! Do keep us posted on the progress of your app and if there are any other questions!