Registered Users (C)
Hi

Here is my Case Overview:

Old Company:
When we applying for 140 we opted Consular Processing
before bought out by new company.

140 approved and they sent us packet 3

We know that new company is buying US,
We applied 485 on Jan 30st 2002, canceling Consular Processing.

On feb 2nd 2002 new company bought old company

So now after 1.6 months my attorney send me mail like this:

"In order to continue with your existing green card case under the AC21 portability provisions, we must notify the BCIS regarding the changes in your employment."

Actually i haven't changed employment, My old company was bought by new company.

Do we really need to submit this AC21 ??

Your help is appreciated.

Thanks

Yes it is always good to be honest. Also there is no harm as your new company is helping you and taking care of it. If they came out on their own then its excellent. They would be aware of all expect.
So don;t worry

What you /your lawyer/ is supposed to do in regards of notification of INS is to amend your approved I-140 with the new company name. That's a standard procedure during mergers and spin-offs.

No need to bring in AC21 here.

Basically what happens here is your lawyer should file an amended I140, and send the receipt of the amendment receipt to INS to join your 485 packet.

Don't see any problem for you if your lawyer is competent enough. You have been lucky in the fact that they are taking action now as compared to right before 485 approval in which case, you could have received a RFE for the same.

Good luck!

It's better to notify BCIS

I did it on my case. And i think it helps as long as you are in similar category as Labor cert.
So i would suggest to go ahead and DO it.

Good luck