AOS pending - questions about travelling to Mexico on a cruise

sarmad

Registered Users (C)
planning to travel on a cruise to mexico in late november. i'm currently in "AOS pending" status. have an I-94 from my last entry on AP with a stamp "paroled until 12/30/2004". am planning to re-enter on AP.

also have an H1-B approval valid till 10/2006 but do not have an H1-B stamp in my passport. still working for my H1-B employer (who also filed my I-485), so not technically using EAD. my current EAD card is expired and have my 3rd EAD application pending.

i've forwarded these questions to my company lawyer and will post when i hear back. but just wanted to see if anyone here had any comments.

- this cruise is 9 days. am i supposed to surrender my I-94 card on departure? i seem to remember that you don't have to do that if you're travelling to mexico/canada for <30 days.

- currently, US-VISIT only applies to non-immigrants with visas and people from visa-waiver countries. since i've an AP (not a visa), i don't think i need to go thru US-VISIT, right?

- assuming i do not get my new EAD card before the cruise, i'll be re-entering on AP but will not have a valid EAD. since i'm still working for the original employer (who sponsored my H1-B and I-485), i don't need to have a valid EAD to work. anyone encountered any issues on that?

- are there any other issues i shud be aware of when travelling on AP to mexico?

thanks,

sarmad :)