AOS or CP which one choose?

mkiran

Registered Users (C)
Hi Friends,
My lawyer has recently asked me whether I would like to go for CP or AOS.

Here is my details:
EB3 PD: Oct-1999 ; I-140 Approved : Nov 2000
I am hoping in two months or so my priority date will become current.
My 6 year H1 expired this May 2001. I had applied for 7th year extension
thru Vermont. But due to regulations delay (AC21), all 7th year H1 processing are on HOLD. My lawyer told me while 7th year H1 extension
is on hold I am still eligile to work for 240 days (8 months) after my H1 (6year) expired.

I would like to approximately how long does it take to complete CP (thru Chennai Consulate). My 140 was approved in Nov 2000. Do I need to file a
new 140 for CP ? I saw in immihelp.com AC 140 are rejected. How long does 824 take. I am debating which one to choose between CP and AOS. Thru
Vermont, AOS is taking around one and half year or so.

What is a good option for me. Can someone explain the timelines.
I appreciate your suggestions. Please help.

Thanks
Kiran

No Title

IMO you should go in for CP. From what I\'ve heard it takes only 3 months. You will have to make a trip to India though. Even though VSC seems to be progressing fast recently you cannot bank on that. They suddenly come to a grinding halt and nobody knows why. We\'ve been seeing approvals for even June 2000 while my case which is October 99 is still not approved and its a fairly straight forward case. What I\'m saying is that not everyone from June 2000 is going to get approved in the near future. It\'s kind of like the lottery.

This is strictly my opinion.

No Title

It\'s matter of choice. CP is lot faster, like Dan Dan mentioned it takes 3 + months. Disadvantage is, for whatever reason Madras consulate rejects your 485 you cannot enter USA to appeal your case. AOS is unpredictable, it\'s like INS playing tic-tac-toe with the EAC #\'s for approvals.

Good luck with whatever decisions you take.

DAN DAN - I hope you get your approval fast, may be this week.

Sheff\'s