AOS Interview

stupe72

Registered Users (C)
I had my interview on 4 Dec 2002, couldn't get my passport stamped because they just changed the procedure 1 week prior to my interview:( :(
I had to travel now and I haven't got any answer from the arlington office yet...I cannot go there in person ( you have basically to spend the night there..) because I have a family and I work..don't know why is taking so long..anybody who filed at the arlington va office, who had the interview and was approved? so I can have an idea..
thank you guys..

Why don't you try to write a letter to them, make sure stated your alien number and use return receipt mail, so that you know they accept it.

I know this is slow process, but who knows that they might open back your file. They will keep away the file and it just sit there if you don't mention anything.

So its worth to try. Send them the letter and stated why you don't hear anything after your interview and your passport is not stamp yet. Make sure put the ALIEN number on top of your envelope and your letter. May be you can even put on the top of the envelope "passport not stamping after interview since December 2002". They might straight forward your mail to that department. This is just an idea. I'm not a lawyer, act accordingly.

Good luck.

thanks but I wrote them twice plus I called the national customer service and made 2 electronic inquiries but so far nothing..
I just wrote my senator the other day, let's see if that works..

I hope that will change something. Its really frustrating when nothing change. But I wish you will get over this soon. Good luck.

thank you so much..it is frustrating because you don't know anything and if you want to work you must pay, and if you need to travel you must pay...I filed in april 2001 ( but I moved so I had to transfer the documentation to the new state ) so here we are in 2003 2 years later still not knowing what's going on..