AOS Interview with arrest record(DUI) COMING UP IN FEBRUARY,2009

anirchaks71

Registered Users (C)
Hi everyone,

I have a scheduled AOS interview with an arrest record(DUI -- which happened in April '2004) coming up in the 2nd week of February.

I would like to know if anyone has gone through such an interview process and how did it progress. I have this Interview scheduled at San Francisco.I would also like know what kind of questions were asked and what to expect.

Thanks in advance, Best Regards

Hi all,

Can anyone pls. post their AOS interview experiences /or any information regarding their AOS interview ( because of DUI arrest) exp. which would would greatly help me in preparing for the AOS interview coming up on Feb12th at SAN Francisco,

Thanks and appreciate all your help, warm regards

My dui was in 2004 at California with a BAC of .12. After that I had been outside the country Once with AP ( Feb 2008) and had no problems either at POE or at H1B visa extensions

anirchaks71,

You don't need to worry about the interview at all if the dui arrest was the only one in your record, no more complications. But I understand you can't help it.

My dui was also in 2004, BAC .18.
I had my AOS interview in Aug. 2008.
The IO approved my I-485 at the end of the interview.
My case status was changed to "Card Production Ordered" 2 hours after the interview.
I got my GC in mail 2 weeks after the AOS interview.

The only question the IO asked me regarding my DUI was "Was it the only arrest?" And I answered "Yes".
The interview lasted for only 15 minutes. At the end of the interview, IO said, he was going to approve my case. He also said it was a simple case.

The only document he asked for wrt dui in addition to all other standard AOS interview document, was the court disposition.
Talk to the Immigration/Criminal lawyer in your area if you still have doubts.

Hope this helps.

Hi all,

Can anyone pls. post their AOS interview experiences /or any information regarding their AOS interview ( because of DUI arrest) exp. which would would greatly help me in preparing for the AOS interview coming up on Feb12th at SAN Francisco,

Thanks and appreciate all your help, warm regards

My dui was in 2004 at California with a BAC of .12. After that I had been outside the country Once with AP ( Feb 2008) and had no problems either at POE or at H1B visa extensions

Peter,

Thanks and this really helps. Good to know the experience.

This was my Only DUI /arrest in 2004 ( 1st time offence) , so lets see , how it goes.

Which was the location for your interview ? Thanks, Again

AOS Interview Update :

We ( My wife and I) hadthe AOS interview today San Francisco. We also took our 4 year old son and our lawyer with whom I have been working for a couple of years in this case.

We had the interview scheduled at 8 and 8:20 respectively and the Officer interviewed us separately .

As per the normal procedures, was aked to sworn and etc. The interview -- rather a list of questions lasted around 20 Min, was aware of the arrest , I also took my court disposition letter and expungement letter, asked questions abt the employer , MENTIONED AT ONE POINT " Dui /Reckless driving is not a big deal". Was a Oriental origin officer, very decent and polite , and looked to be a immigran himself.

Asked all other questions, handed over all pay stubsetc/ already had certified records of disposition, verified everything from me and wrote in the paper and I quote " x -- for further review -- shall let know in 30 to 60 days.He needs to talk to his supervisor and approve -- according to my Lawyer who is working with me. Body Language wise, I did not find anything bad and related to some of the "worst situations" that I was thinking about.

I now possibly need to wait and see . My Dates are BTW NOT Current, so I need to be in queue anyway, I am EB3 2004, Thanks any more replies would be welcome to hear ,

Hi Everyone,

I have a quick question for anyone to answer.

As I mentioned earlier, I had a AOS interview where the officer took my and my wife's i94 Card. And has said that a decision would be made around 2 months or so.

I am on EAD and AP and I would like to know If I was to make an emergy trip outside the US any time soon, how would be the implications at the Port of Departure without any i94( I have copies though) and have approved AP.I am in the queue in the GC process and I am wondering what would happen If I needed to travel outside the country without the i94 stapled to my passport.

I had made an earlier trip to India with AP last year.

Thanks and shall appreciate any response.