AOS Interview today in Garden City

doc1974

Registered Users (C)
Hi,
I had my interview today in garden city,the guy who interviewed us asked a lot of questions and we answered all the questions right,he took the copies of the joint bank account,Lease aggrement,my cosponser I-864 with his 2005 tax returns,our joint 2005 tax returns,utility bills.Our is a straight forward case,we both are from the same country and we both are in the same profession and of the same age group.The officer was a young guy, pleasant and very friendly.We got married in Oct 2005 and ND is Dec 15th.
In the end he told he had to review the documents and going to let us know the decision by mail in 3 weeks.I asked if he wanted any more documents and he said that he had enough.
I cant think of any reason for him to not approve our case right away as i had everthing he wanted,I have never been out of status.Is there anyone in the same position as me.
I am getting worried that it will take a lot more than 3 weeks.

B2 married to USC Oct 2005
ND I485,I130,I765 ,I131 Dec 12th
EAD Approved Jan 30
Biometrics June 5th
AOS interview 15th Aug

doc1974 said:
Hi,
I had my interview today in garden city,the guy who interviewed us asked a lot of questions and we answered all the questions right,he took the copies of the joint bank account,Lease aggrement,my cosponser I-864 with his 2005 tax returns,our joint 2005 tax returns,utility bills.Our is a straight forward case,we both are from the same country and we both are in the same profession and of the same age group.The officer was a young guy, pleasant and very friendly.We got married in Oct 2005 and ND is Dec 15th.
In the end he told he had to review the documents and going to let us know the decision by mail in 3 weeks.I asked if he wanted any more documents and he said that he had enough.
I cant think of any reason for him to not approve our case right away as i had everthing he wanted,I have never been out of status.Is there anyone in the same position as me.
I am getting worried that it will take a lot more than 3 weeks.

B2 married to USC Oct 2005
ND I485,I130,I765 ,I131 Dec 12th
EAD Approved Jan 30
Biometrics June 5th
AOS interview 15th Aug

It happened to a lot of people.
Reason is not clear yet...perhaps they need their supervisor approval....maybe they run another very quick background check.....
But most of these people got an email or update from USCIS the very same day saying that case is approved.
So....check your email???
PS: Where do you live? I'm still trying to figure out with what criteria they send people to Garden City instead of Federal Plaza...