AOS Interview to Welcome Letter/ Card Production

Gladius

Registered Users (C)
Quick question:

As you can tell from my signature/time lines, I had a successful interview on Feb 5th, 2009 and my passport was stamped with I-551 stamp. Since then there hasn't been any activity in any of my applications (I-485 or I-130). I know sometimes it could take them a while to issue welcome letter or to start card production etc.

But I am just wondering how long should I wait before I contact USCIS regarding the same. Should I make a service request or info pass?

I am not freaking out as I do have I-551 stamp on my passport but it would be nice to have the card in my hand :)

Appreciate all responses!

-G

Quick question:

As you can tell from my signature/time lines, I had a successful interview on Feb 5th, 2009 and my passport was stamped with I-551 stamp. Since then there hasn't been any activity in any of my applications (I-485 or I-130). I know sometimes it could take them a while to issue welcome letter or to start card production etc.

But I am just wondering how long should I wait before I contact USCIS regarding the same. Should I make a service request or info pass?

I am not freaking out as I do have I-551 stamp on my passport but it would be nice to have the card in my hand :)

Appreciate all responses!

-G

My interview was 2/12, didn't get any stamp. My status online remains untouched. But I received my welcome letter today. I want to believe yrs is on the way.

Mine came in too as you can see. Not too long now. Not to worry.
My pssport was stamped too.

When you guys say your status did not change you mean you did not even get an approved message online? It still shows your case is pending? Thanks

Online status: Mine shows pending.
My spouse: Applied in 2007 Jan & US Citizen since 2008 Sept still shows online status as pending.
It is unpredictable.

Okay so I had my infopass appointment today about the above issue and boy if USCIS has surprises for you.

The person at Infopass counter checked my status in the system and then got surprised to see I-551 stamp on my passport said - "your case is still pending (i.e. not yet approved)".

So I told them that why would the officer not only stamp my passport with I-551 and take my EAD/ AP & I-94 and also tell me that I will receive card in 2 weeks.

They agreed and said it could be mistake from the IO or you may be called for another interview (because my file is in the section "awaiting second interview").

They said they would speak with the IO about my case and he would be reviewing my case tomorrow or with in 30 days.

So then I asked them if I can travel with this stamp; so the answer was "I would not travel for next 30 days"

Opinions/ Suggestions or Comments are appreciated.