AOS Interview Timeline

Timeline Update

monstrita said:
Our interview, scheduled for 5/31/06, got cancelled today :(
I called USCIS and they said there was probably a scheduling conflict and that we'd get a new date soon.
I'm hoping we get rescheduled earlier ;) but the rep said he wouldn't bet on it.

Has this happened to anyone else in Boston? Or anywhere else?

Despite receiving online notification that his interview had been cancelled, :confused: my husband and I went to the Boston DO for his AOS interview (thanks sgnathan for the tip!). Anyway, we were in and out in an hour, GC approved. :) Thanks to everyone for sharing their experiences as this was a gold mine of info. I'll post our interview experience in the Interviews thread.

12/10/05: Forms mailed
12/14/05: Receipt Date
12/22/05: ND
2/10/06: I-485 Biometrics
2/24/06: I-765 approved (but notice not received!)
3/27/06: I-765 Biometrics (after a what's up INFOPASS appointment)
4/01/06: EAD Received
4/19/06: Interview Letter Received
5/31/06: Interview and Petition Approved; GC in the mail.

No status change but some progress

Hi there Everyone,

Anyone who has any advice or a similar timeline and same DO I would be happy to hear from them

Application for I-130, I-485, I765 (concurently filed) - all at same time. I sound like them

I live in Washington D.C area. DO - Washington.
Married USC last July.
Left the U.S. and returned to England
Now back in D.C.
Sent to Chicago lockbox
Then onto MSC
Recv date 31st march 06
ND 5th april 06
Biometrics 4/19/06
RFE (1-485) 5/10/06 (I693 required)
I693 22nd may 06
Results sent next day guaranted back to USCIS
LUD I-765 5/18/06
LUD I-485 5/19/06
LUD I-130 5/31/06
INFOPASS 5/31 - Very useful. Found out that my FBI background was fine!!!

message from USCIS via website: stating that the preliminary processing is complete on my I485, the processing time will be less than the quoted 120-180 days.

I wil recieve the decision in the mail. Anyone had the seem experience????

P.S. I was at infopass today and the immigration officer asked had i had an interview request I said 'no' she checked on her pc and sound that was a good thing. It looks like your GC will be issued in the mail. when processing is complete.

My circumstances are I'm a British Citizen married to a born USC. We have been married for nearly one year. We moved back to the U.S. in March 06. Before that will lived in England together. Our relationship is nearly five years old. Also our sponsor has a very reasonable six figure post tax income. My wife also earns a decent salary. - HAS ANYONE ON THIS SITE HAD A SIMILAR EXPERIENCE PLEASE GET INTOUCH!!!!!

I think I'm having a bit of luck!!!

ps182 said:
There should have been a TYPO with the I-130 . The recpt were mailed to my address in CT , but I just moved to Providence . I still work in CT .
Would this delay my EAD ?

Your DO is what you chose in your I-130. If you called USCIS to update your records with new address, your DO is also changed. You may want to call USCIS and confirm if they have your correct address.

monstrita said:
Despite receiving online notification that his interview had been cancelled, :confused: my husband and I went to the Boston DO for his AOS interview (thanks sgnathan for the tip!). Anyway, we were in and out in an hour, GC approved. :) Thanks to everyone for sharing their experiences as this was a gold mine of info. I'll post our interview experience in the Interviews thread.

12/10/05: Forms mailed
12/14/05: Receipt Date
12/22/05: ND
2/10/06: I-485 Biometrics
2/24/06: I-765 approved (but notice not received!)
3/27/06: I-765 Biometrics (after a what's up INFOPASS appointment)
4/01/06: EAD Received
4/19/06: Interview Letter Received
5/31/06: Interview and Petition Approved; GC in the mail.

Wonderful! Congratulations!!!

Little Britain,

We are also in the Washington DC area and my wife is also from England. I had filed for my wifes I-130 back in December of 2001 and it was approved last year in April. I was an LPR at the time so we had to wait for my wife's priority date to become current, so we filed adjustment of status package in January of this year, her priority date is January 9th 2006. My wife had her biometrics appointment done on Feb 21st 2006 in Alexandria and her employment authorization was approved right away. I know she had received her employment authorization card on March 1st 2006. We did not receive anything else after that.

I also become a US citizen on 21st March 2006 and sent copies of my certificate by mail to USCIS. I also made an INFO-PASS appointment to hand them the copy in person but was told they don't accept anything over the counter at Info-Pass. I did however find out at the time that all of my wifes security checks were complete.

Of course this was back in late March, i was hoping that she would have gotten her interview notice by now. We never recieved any RFE's or anything else. I made another Info-Pass about two weeks ago and since my wife was not with me this time the officer didn't give me much information as i would have liked. The officer did however mention that the background checks were complete and that she was put in que for interview and that we should get a letter shortly. I am not sure what shortly means USCIS terms though or what put in que means for that matter when it comes to USCIS.

This was a two weeks ago but we have not recieved anything yet. I know a couple of people had mentioned that since we had been married for almost fives years now and our I-130 was already approved that we might not even get an interview notice. I am hoping thats the case, nothing has changed on the website either. I guess if they send an interview letter now it would have to be for interview sometime in August and that would make it almost 8 months from the date of filing. I know the I-485 notice had said 120 to 180 days and thats there goal to complete all applications within 6 months of filing.

I am hoping you are right and that we will just get an approval letter soon without the interview. Keep us posted if you get anything also and best of luck.

Good luck.

HRH

PS, did you come on a visa wavier?

Thanks

Hi there HRH,

how are you?

All is well. I did enter on a visa waiver. It puts you in position that you are stuck until Green card. No free travel. Also no EAD at the moment so I reckong one will turn up for me soon....

I will keep you informed of my progress. If I dont get an interview it could be due to the fact we wrote a supporting letter with our application. Which allowed them to get an idea of who we were. My wife an ex-pro athlete, collegiate athlete in the U.S. and my self and ex-college athlete in UK. We are both graduates.... Neither of us have criminal backgrounds etc... My wife worked for the military a few years ago (loyal citizen). A very strong joint sponsor (makes severall hundred thousand a year after tax) the length of our relationship (5 years this year) Who knows. All of our paperwork was nicely presented.... I dont know what makes them say I may not be getting an interview. I probably will get one.... But who knows what makes a very strong application....

If we get any joy and get a GC through the post I will post it on this forum for SURE!!

Send me a private message and I will know who to reply 2.

See you later

Little Britain

YVILLANUA said:
What is your timeline?

Received Date - 03/21/2006
Notice Date - 03/28/2006

ASC Appointment Date (Biometric) - 04/11/2006

And now I got Interview Date - 06/20/2006

No EAD or LUD when I check my application status online. :confused:

Last edited by a moderator:
Great board...here's my info:

4/2/06 Received Date (Chicago Lockbox)
4/7/06 Checks Cashed
4/15/06 Biometrics (Honolulu)
5/19/06 Interview Notice (Honolulu)
6/20/06 Interview Appointment (Honolulu) - Day 79

EAD Approved

My EAD was approved yesterday . I can soon dump my H1B employer , and be a free man again .

interview in SF DO

I had applied for my wife's AOS. We went to the interview today at SF DO. The interview went well except that her name is stuck in the name check process. The officer indicated that it is taking the FBI around 4 months nowadays (particularly for those who filed after Feb of this year) and since the GC process has been speeded up by USCIS..

The interview itself was quite straightforward - he asked to see the 2005 income tax and W2s, our kid's birth certificate, proof of relationship (home insurance, mortgage statement, credit card bills etc.) and asked us how we met timelines. You do need to take the SSN cards there even though it is not mentioned in the interview letter.

-----------------------------------------------

Timeline - SF DO

Sent - Feb 14 2005
Receipt Date - Feb 17, 2005
Notice Date - Feb 21, 2005
Fingerprinting - Mar 14, 2005
No word on EAD / AP
Interview Letter - Apr 21, 2005
Interview - June 5, 2006
Pening Name Check.

Have a question on the mailing. We are going to send it thro Overnight delivery. I read the assembling instructions. I am using ACCO fastners to separate I485 from 130 etc.. WHat is not clear is that , should I put each one in separate envelope then put all the envelopes in one FEDEX box and send it to chicago lock box or just put everything in the FEDex BOX separated by ACCO fastner..

workhomes2003 said:
Have a question on the mailing. We are going to send it thro Overnight delivery. I read the assembling instructions. I am using ACCO fastners to separate I485 from 130 etc.. WHat is not clear is that , should I put each one in separate envelope then put all the envelopes in one FEDEX box and send it to chicago lock box or just put everything in the FEDex BOX separated by ACCO fastner..
..."If you are sending more than one case in an envelope, clearly separate the cases by rubber band or clip fasteners." (http://www.uscis.gov/graphics/fieldoffices/scnational/index.htm#H)

workhomes2003 said:
We r sending for only one person but different forms like I485,I130 , i131 ....
Put them all in one envelope, and then in FedEx envelope.
Good luck!

My timeline

Here is my timeline. I have been a silent reader but thought I might share this with you

March 1, 2006
I-130, I-485, I-131, I-765 all to Chicago Lockbox
Receipt Date is March 6
Checks Cashed March 10
Finger Printing Notice Received March 17
Finger Printing taken on April 6 (Code 2 and 3)
Interview Notification May 3 to be on June 20.
EAD and AP arrived June 1.

Do you guys get the interview notice in the mail or do you get an email notification? and....does the interview notice tell you what information to take to the interview? thanks for your replies!!!