AOS Interview Timeline

elzny said:
I was in the same situation, please see below my timeline. I couldn't get a stamp after completing my interview. So I wrote to my congressman (reply said it's standard back log blah blah blah), to FBI NCPP director (never a reply), send email to FBI email every week -- every Monday morning I get to work, my first thing is to forward my previous email to FBI, for 6 months, never a reply. I called FBI office, never got an alive person. So in the end I was so fed up, I read somewhere that I can sue USCIS. Then I called my lawyer, he told me not to do it, and just be patient. I could not accept that as an answer. So with the last hope, I sent FBI a request of information under FOIA (freedom of information act). Apparently they use the same database as NCPP name check for immigration. But for immgiration they go one step further, i.e., they'll check anything involves you, even if you are a victim or witness... so after I sent that request to FBI in mid April 2006 (don't fax, cause they don't accept fax now, even if their form says you can fax), miraculously my name check was complete, and my GC showed up in less than 3 weeks. So it's still a myth to me as to what really helped, but I could only say FOIA won't hurt. Go to FBI website and type in FOIA or just google it, you can find the form and fill it out and mail it in. GOOD LUCK!!!

Hi, Elzny,

Can you elaborate on how to contact FOIA? like whom i shoul write to, etc.. i went to their website, but couldn't find anything useful. is there a particular link that can lead me to name check stuff?

Thanks!

Please update

Adminstrator Please update records:

AOS interview on July 12, 2006 in Garden City, New York City, NY

See My signature below for my wife's timeline

AOS was today, and after 20 nervous minutes of interview, they stamped her passport 'Approved'! woot. YAY!

It's a little short of 5 months exactly from the mailing date of the forms.

This is in Houston, Texas :)

Los Angeles timeline

Mailed application March 31, 06
Receipts arrived April 8, 06
Biometrics done April 19, 06
Interview date notification arrived May 20, 06
Interview date on July 3.... more to follow...

This seems so quick to me it makes me worried! Why so quick? Anyone else had this in LA? I didn't use a lawyer, which I'd heard from a friend who did the same that it speeds up the process, but less that 3 months from application to interview? Not complaining, but...

grundland,

We have almost similar timelines and I also filed papers myself and for some reason received my interview appointment before all other approvals...(EAD and AP still pending).

You are not alone...smile:)

Please see my timeline below...

My AOS timeline

Hi there Everyone,

Anyone who has any advice or a similar timeline and same DO I would be happy to hear from them :)

Application for I-130, I-485, I765 (concurently filed) - all at same time. I sound like them :D

I live in Washington D.C area.
Married USC last July.
Left the U.S. and returned to England
Now back in D.C.
Sent to Chicago lockbox
Then onto MSC
Recv date 31st march 06
ND 5th april 06
Biometrics 4/19/06
RFE (1-485) 5/10/06 (I693 required)
I693 docs appointment today 22nd may 06
Results tomorrow will send next day guaranted back to USCIS
LUD I-765 5/18/06
LUD I-485 5/19/06
LUD I-130 5/18/06
Infopass - 31st May 06

EAD still waiting.

My LUD have changed like three time in the past 15 days (I-765 and I-485).
Before this I have hade changes every few weeks. (Any oppinions)

How do you think I'm doing is my timeline good,bad or different.

Let me know thanks

Little Britain

me, too... Los Angeles DO.. ND Apr 4, interview is on July 11th...

But I've read a lot of threads where the name check is not processed by the interview date. and the waiting time is very unpredictable..

I had my interview on May 25. I went there with my lawyer; the atmosphere in general was calm and friendly. The officer, Mr. Whetherby, started going through my I-485, got interested in all my previous visas. But... my old A-file with all visa paperwork was lost by INS some time ago. So the officer said he wants to request the temporary file they created when my i-360 was approved. So i have to wait for the decision in mail. It really pisses me off because the original petition approval took 3 years instead of 8 months because they lost my file, and i have to pay for their mistakes. :mad:

aniretake said:
So i have to wait for the decision in mail. It really pisses me off because the original petition approval took 3 years instead of 8 months because they lost my file, and i have to pay for their mistakes. :mad:

Sad, but typical.

eugene176 said:
Anybody here who received Interview appointment letter before EAD and AP approval? Just got my interview letter today and I'm scheduled for July 7.

Should I be worried that I don't have I-30 and I765 approval yet? Please advise..thanks!

Hey Eugene,
I too got my interview letter and its scheduled on June 20. DO - Albany, NY. I had my finger prints done last month. Havent received EAD or any approval letter. :confused: :confused:

should I be getting EAD before an interview ?

RBJ said:
Hey Eugene,
I too got my interview letter and its scheduled on June 20. DO - Albany, NY. I had my finger prints done last month. Havent received EAD or any approval letter. :confused: :confused:

should I be getting EAD before an interview ?

What is your timeline?

RBJ,

Some people get their EAD first before interview appointment letter. I guess it depends on your DO. In my case, the appontment letter came before I received the EAD approval. You can also check the EAD thread to see the timeline of other members and pretty much get an idea of how long yours would take. Hope this helps.

quick one: Copy of Naturalization certificate is needed only with I130 right ? is this the only form that requires Naturalization certificate

timeline in TN?

Married USC 2004 and finally filed AOS 2006
5-21-06 Recieved Date
5-26-06 Notice Date
5-30-06 Recieve I -797c NOA
6-19-06 FP

1) Does anyone in TN know how long it took them to get the Biometrics appointment.
2)My DL expires in exactly 30 days will they accept an expired DL and can i renew DL with only a NOA for my I-485. worried please help :(
3) what is the A# on my I-797c NOA for the I-485, is that my alien
4)Cant access my case status online my reciept number is MSC-xx-xxx=xxxxx , is it too early to be able to view anything online

Last edited by a moderator:
Jillian said:
came here 10 yrs ago. Married USC 2004 and finally filed AOS 2006
3-21-06 Recieved Date
3-26-06 Notice Date
3-30-06 Recieve I -797c NOA

1) Does anyone in TN know how long it took them to get the Biometrics appointment.
2)My DL expires in exactly 30 days will they accept an expired DL and can i renew DL with only a NOA for my I-485. worried please help :(
3) what is the A# on my I-797c NOA for the I-485, is that my alien
4)Cant access my case status online my reciept number is MSC-xx-xxx=xxxxx , is it too early to be able to view anything online

I filed AOS on March 14th 2006. I got an FP notice on April 3rd 2006 and the actual biometrics was done on April 17th 2006.

My license was suspended, they accepted my Passport. U need to take the actual notice and ur passport. U can take ur expired Driver's License too for additional safety.

Last edited by a moderator:
Guess it is Hartford

ari4u said:
Would i be wrong in guessing your DO is Providence, RI? or is it Boston, MA?
There should have been a TYPO with the I-130 . The recpt were mailed to my address in CT , but I just moved to Providence . I still work in CT .
Would this delay my EAD ?