My AOS Timeline

10/07/05 - Mailed (I-130, I-485 & I765 package to Chicago Po Box
10/10/05 - RD
10/17/05 - ND
10/24/05 - FP Notification for date 12/02/05
11/09/05 - FP by walk-in
11/03/05 - NOA for AOS in San Antonio
12/21/05 - AOS Interview

Nothing about I-765, I think they'll just skip that.

im2003 said:
Here is our timeline Atlanta D.O.

3/10/2005 Filed Paperwork
3/15/2005 Paperwork Received
3/31/2005 NOA I-765, I-485, I-130
5/23/2005 I-765 APPROVED

That is all so far....

We have an update....

Got interview letter 11/3/2005....interview date is 1/18/2006!!!!!

my interview is on april 25 2006 ...

I received the interview letter for april 25th 2006 . Good luck to all .

Got my Green Card Yesterday!!

Went to interview yesterday...very nice and young immigration officer...only clarified my personal information and asked what I am doing right now (student)...very interested in what I study, even chat with me on that topic for a while...asked what i am going to do after graduate...then asked for a copy of my mom's citizenship certificate (application through my mom)...asked several questions on my I-485 application form...asked my mom's personal information...then told me my application was approved...took away my I-94 and ten minutes later she stamped the temporary "green card" on my passport...told me the plastic card will be mailed within 3 months...whole procedure is very smooth.

Good luck to all and may God bless you!

Post limit

To those who requested to be added to the timeline table....
This forum currently has a limit of 10,000 characters per post. The post containing the AOS timeline table has reached the limit and would not let me add more entries. I have removed as much irrelevant information from the table and have requested the moderator to bump up the limit.

Till then... pls keep posting and I will update the table as soon as the moderator gets back to me on this. Thanks for your patience.

Received Interview Notice

I finally received my Interview Notice for January 18, 2006 (Baltimore DO).
I started to lose hope.

Thanks to everyone on the forum.

Green card was approved today

Today is my second interview for I-485 based on marriage to usc (11/21/2005). My appointment was 11am. We went there and waited about 40 minutes. The officier was very nice, didn't ask for any question. She told us the reason why I haven't received my green card at the first interview (10/4/2004) was because of security check pending. Now everything is ok. She stamped on my passport "temporary evidence for permanent residency good for 90 days. Work authorized." and told us that I will receive the card in mail in 2-3 weeks.

Good luck to everyone. And if you have any questions that I can answer, I will be more than happy to do so.

My time table:
RD I-130,1485 7/6/2004
ND 7/9/2004
AOS 1st interview 10/4/2004
Aos 2nd interview 11/21/2005 (approved)
DO: New York city district office (26 Federal Plaza)

Boston moved to Baltimore timeline

Filed 12/23/04, EAD 3/15/05, filed change of address and moved to Maryland, recieved notice of interview 8/20/05 for interview on 10/20/05. Recieved greencard on 11/1/05. We were suprised how quickly it all went, especially considering the change of address. We never recieved any reply about the change of address after we filed, and we were nervous, but then we recived the interview! Thanks for such a helpful forum! Bevin

My interview experience

Hi evryone:
Sorry my grammar is not really good , english is not my first language.
This site help me a lot in all this proces, specially I would like to say thanks to ARIRU who always is answear all the questions.
Well...here is my experience. :mad:

My appoiment was at 9.50 am , we were there around 9.30 am, not to bad here in Los Angeles, there were like 100 people in the room.
Was really dificult to heard our names, so we just seat in front of the line.
Evrything was Ok. until we were called.
First, the person was horrible nasty, @%%$#% , rude...I felt like i was in the army...FOLLOW ME!!! DON'T SEAT!!! GET UP!!! ENOUTHG!!!!
He just ask to my wife two question:
1 Are you citizen?
2 where did you born?

Next he started to ask me:
What is your name? your father's name, your mather's name , what do you do? How much money did you make last year, how much money are you making now?
All the question from the form I-485 ( he was asking me so fast , that at some point I was lost...I just said NO to everything)
did you filed your taxes?
when did you came to this country? what visa?
My telephone number, my adress , my I-94.
when I was marry?
he started to ask my for the jointly bills , so I started to put all the copies over the desk, he just make circle around our names, he just took our bank account, telephone bill, insurance, car title, rental agreetment and when I was ready to give him my credit card account...he just said ENOUTHG!!!!
He took everything and told my I need copys of your driver and social security number, so I give him all of that.
He return my pasport and said, you should recived you GC in 10 days, and repit twice DO NOT LEAVE THE COUNTRY!!! WE DON'T STAMP PASSPORTS ANYMORE!!!
And that was it, a horrible experience...i don't even sure if I was aproved or what...the only thing that I know now is that I don't have the stamp, I have one ticket to argentina on dec 7 , 'cause in my family there are one member who is in his last moment....and I can't go :(

So know I have to find out if I can get a stamp before next week. So tomorrow I have to go to the federal building in Los Angeles St, to cry there for that f...$@$@^%$# !!! stamp.

I was hoping to write soemthing nice like the other in this forum... but well life is life.

Good luck to everyone!

Here is my timeline:

RD:11/17/2005
ND:11/23/2005
FP:12/14/2005
ID:01/27/2006
DO:San Antonio

Last edited by a moderator:
I got my Interview Notice for 08 Feb 2006 :) (213 days for San Jose DO)

FYI: The moderator or sysAdmin has still not replied as to the status of increasing the post size limit for the timeline table. Apologies for the inconvenience... Pl keep posting and i will add all updates as i hear from the mod or admin

Congratulations and few questions.

Congratulations on your interview. I have few questions.

1) What is your RFE about?
2) I recd. an RFE for my mother (Non Availabily of Birth Cert). The letter did not give any specific address to mail the RFE. It has address on top right hand corner. I guess it is the address where I will be sending the Evidence ( Non availability cert). Can you please CONFIRM.? The letter has a Application Number like LA - XXXXXX ( where I guess is The Los Angeles Office) and an Officer Number like ABC 45677.

I am planning to write the the numbers on the envelope too.
3) Does the processing stop when you get a RFE? How does it work? Any info is appreciated.
Thanks again.
BTW, Can you please post the link to the tracker again for 485? I appreciate all your service to the board.
Bye and regards,
-Simi Dude

simidude said:
Congratulations on your interview. I have few questions.

1) What is your RFE about?
Same as yours. I only sent affidavits initially and i was asked for Non Availability Birth Certificate.

2) I recd. an RFE for my mother (Non Availabily of Birth Cert). The letter did not give any specific address to mail the RFE. It has address on top right hand corner. I guess it is the address where I will be sending the Evidence ( Non availability cert). Can you please CONFIRM.? The letter has a Application Number like LA - XXXXXX ( where I guess is The Los Angeles Office) and an Officer Number like ABC 45677.
The RFE letter i got asked me to send the required evidence to an address printed on the letter. My letter did not have an office number. It only had my I-485 receipt number and my A#. This is the address i was asked to mail to...
U.S Department of Homeland Security
P.O. Box 648006
Lee’s Summit, MO - 64064

I am planning to write the the numbers on the envelope too.
3) Does the processing stop when you get a RFE? How does it work? Any info is appreciated.
When you get an RFE, your case is put on hold till you send the requested evidence. You should respond to it as soon as you can.

Thanks again.

BTW, Can you please post the link to the tracker again for 485?
You are on the AOS intervie timeline thread. You need to go to the first page of this thread to see the timeline table.

I appreciate all your service to the board.
Bye and regards,
-Simi Dude

My online status

I had my interview on Monday 28 , and I leave the office with out stamp.
Yestarday I return to the Federal Building, I took a infopass from those computer over there, and a laidy after 4 hours stamp my passport, just giving me 60 days to leave the country and come back.
But today I recivied a i-mail for USCIS saying that my case was aproved and that it was sent a letter for my notification.
Is that means that my green card is coming in that letter? ;)

Hi Everyone,
I had my AOS interview today and I was approve. I'm so happy. Thanks for everyone input and answers during my application process. Here is how it went:

My interview was at 12:45. We arrived about 45min before the interview. I miss placed my wedding band about three weeks ago so I was so worry when we got there. Because we had more time before the interview, we went to Wal-mart to buy a cheap ring(just to be on the save side...with CIS, you never know). Anyway, we were allow in the building about 12:30. After the security check we entered the waiting room. With in 15mins we were call in by a nice gental man. He was really nice. He took us in his office and told us told us raise our hand say the oath.

After that he stared by asking us for our IDs and passports, brith certificates, my EAD cards, tax return for the past year (he did not ask us for 3 years tax return but only last year), bills with both of our names on them (we gave him our auto and home owners insurance) and letters from our employers and pay stubs. I did not have a letter from my employer but he said that was ok and took my pay stubs for the past 2 month.

That was it, he went through all these documents and told us everything was fine. He asked us if we had any other bill with our both names on them but later said that it was ok. We had more to show. I forgot to say that we also took our son He asked us for our son brith certificate. Then to my suprise he said that having a baby is a proof that we were really marry. All through the interview he made mention over and over again about our baby. He said "your baby is all the proof I really need to see". After this he took few mins going over everything and putting information into the system.

Then he went over the long list of questions that were on my original I-485 application.......current address and the other question "have you been a terroist, have you been arrested....etc. To all these question I said no. Moreover, he said us how we meet. He did not ask for any wedding or family photos, neither did he ask for another Affidavit of Support. That was it. He told me I was approve but as he was going through his computer he told me that my biometric (which I took one year ago) was not in the system. He made some calls and told me that I was approve but I had to go and retake the biometrics (photos) again at the Woodlawn office (application Support Center). He told me that as soon as this was done he will sent me the official letter which he said he will do on Monday.

That it guys. We went by the ASC and did my biometrics and they told me I will get my card in the mail in two to three weeks. He did not stamp my passport because of the biometrics but he said if I still wanted to have it stamp I should go back in two weeks and have it done. He mention that the GC are been process quick now and that I should get it in few weeks.

Good Luck everyone!!!!

Is it compulsory to have original birth certifcate during the interview?My hubby and I cannot find our originals,we must have misplaced them at the same time cos we keep them together,we only have our copies..is this sufficient?our interview is in two weeks..thanks