AOS Interview Timeline

Online Status

For people who already got interview notice:

Does your online status change like "interview notice has been sent" or nothing changed? I hope I can monitor it online when my interview notice is sent.

Thanks!!

Mine did not change. The notice date is OCT 5 and my online status still shows my last update from march 15.

Someone was mentioning on some other thread that the dates are all behind by a month or two in most DOs because backlogs are being moved into many of the offices to help clear them out. Dont know how far that is true, but seems like a logical explanation.

krakow007 said:
Someone was mentioning on some other thread that the dates are all behind by a month or two in most DOs because backlogs are being moved into many of the offices to help clear them out. Dont know how far that is true, but seems like a logical explanation.

That was me... :eek:
My friend got his GC via employment and his case was transferred to a local DO where he had to go for interview. His lawyer informed him that they are pushing out the backlog cases to the DO due to non-availability of resources to process the huge backlog at the service centers.

interview

Hi ari4u,

I received a letter from USCIS with a notice date of October 12 for an interview. The interview date is set for December 19. Just an update!

Verdecolor

RD: 06/12/05
ND:06/24/05
DO: San Francisco

Hi ari4u,

Thanks so much for making this timeline. I really appreciated your maintenance of the EAD timeline as well. Here is my info:

I received a letter to interview on 11/30/05. The notice date on this letter says 10/03/05.

I'm scheduled to appear at the Los Angeles office. So I guess that means that is my DO.

Thanks again. =)

AOS interview

Just want to share my interview experience.
Mother GC holder applying for unmarried child over 21, I130 sent in 1999, approved in 2001, mother become citizen in 5/05, category changed from F2B to F1, AOS application sent to lockbox 5/15/05, interview date 10/6/05.
Went with mother, DO Seattle, Officer asked to swear in, asked if it was my mum, asked about J1 to H1 changed (waiver for two year home country requirement), if I have been out of the country, if mother retired, where I work, if I live with mum, then the generic questions " have you ever been arrested, etc". Then said case approved, will send actual card within 2-3 wks.
Received email from USCIS on status change on 10/13, actual approval notice on 10/14, actual card on 10/18.
Thanks for sharing your experience and support. Good luck.
P

Hello Ari4u, can you add mine to the list ?
I-130 RD at VSC - 01/2004
I-130 AD - 08/2005 (Miraculously!)
I-485/765 Chicago Lockbox Mailed - 28 Sep 2005
I-485/765 Chicago Lockbox RD - 30 Sep 2005
I-485/765 Chicago Lockbox ND - 06 Oct 2005
DO - Philadelphia

Thanks

Hey Ari4u
I recieved my notice for the interview day which is dated for December 15th...I just thought you might want to UPDATE that on the timeline.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for the effort and good work put in this forum.My ND is 6/21/05 interview date is 12/1/05 please update.
I also have a question on the things to bring to the interview...what do they mean by 'joint legal documents' somebody please throw some light! :confused:

ridge88 said:
Thanks for the effort and good work put in this forum.My ND is 6/21/05 interview date is 12/1/05 please update.
I also have a question on the things to bring to the interview...what do they mean by 'joint legal documents' somebody please throw some light! :confused:

Can you let me know your DO?

The following classify as joint legal documents;
1. Joint bank account statements
2. Joint mortgage statements
3. Joint apartment lease documents
4. Joint ownsership of assets
5. Joint insurance (medical/auto/home/life)
6. Bills under both names

ari4u said:

Thanks.My DO is LA sorry about that!

ari4u said:

Ari4u,

How do you determine your DO. I live in Chicago. Will my case be processed here or MSC (St. Loius)?

Any information will certainly help.

Thanks

Sameer

sameergupta said:
Ari4u,

How do you determine your DO. I live in Chicago. Will my case be processed here or MSC (St. Loius)?

Any information will certainly help.

Thanks

Sameer

I agree with krakow007. Also, you should check to see what you entered in section 22 of your I-130. That decides your DO.

Question

ari4u said:
I agree with krakow007. Also, you should check to see what you entered in section 22 of your I-130. That decides your DO.

I applied for my I130 from New York in 2001. Does it mean that my DO would be NewYork or do I need to transfer my case to Chicago. I've applied for my I485 and I765 from Chicago.

Pls let me know.

Sameer