AOS Interview Timeline

int0928 said:
As per USCIS.GOV website my interview has been cancelled. Just out of curiousity, i went to local DO yesterday and came to know they do not know anything about online updates. They informend me that you have interview as per schedule. Your application will be denied if you don't appear for it.

Today i went for interview and it went well!!

USCIS.GOV still says :
Receipt Number: MSCxxxxxxxxxx

Application Type: I485, Application to Register Permanent Residence or to Adjust Status

Current Status:

The interview scheduled in this case has been canceled. You will be notified if the interview is rescheduled.

Kind of scary thought that should a person believe on online updates :confused:

Today status of both applications (I485 and I130) has been changed:
for I485:
Case Status
The status for this Receipt Number cannot be found at this time in this automated system. Please check your case receipt number to see if it is correct. If you have questions or concerns about your case status, please contact the National Customer Service Center.
For I130:
Application Type: I130, IMMIGRANT PETITION FOR RELATIVE, FIANCE(E), OR ORPHAN

Current Status:

This case has been approved. On September 28, 2005, an approval notice was mailed. If 14 days have passed and you have not received this notice, you may wish to verify or update your address. To update your address, please call the National Customer Service Center at (800) 375-5283.
:D

my time line

I have RD 15/06/2005
ND 06/28/2005
EAD approved on 08/24/2005
Now waiting for interview letter
My DO is San Francisco CA
Thanks for making the list

New York City

I130/I485 (filed concurrently to Chicago lockbox. married to USC)

RD: March 10, 2005
DO: New York City
ID: ????

Does anyone know how long it is taking NYC to process 485? Are they seriously processing applications from December 2002??? :confused:

interview

Hye guys !!!
I got my interview letter today and is for 11/28/05
take a little more time that I was excpecting but I feel more relief now that I have the day.

Good luck to everyone!!

I have a friend who apply about the same time as my wife also got his interview notice.

DO: Newark, NJ
Priority date: 11/Nov
Interview date: 8/Nov

Interview Letter Received today, NYC

Hi everyone... i just got my interview letter. Here is a summary of my appliacation:

Marriage to USC
I485/130 filed concurrently to Chicago Lockbox
AD: Feb 17, 2005
RD: March 10, 2005
ID: Jan 30, 2006 (interview notice received today on Oct 11, 2005)
DO: New York City (that is Manhattan :) )

By the way, the interview is in Garden City although I live in Manhattan.

Hope this helps. Thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:
I got my interview date

PD : 16 June 2005
Interview Date: 15 Dec 2005
DO: SF CA

I have a few questions:
1) My mum lost my birth certificate, do you think I should ask my home country to issue me a new one? I still have the photocopy of the original birth certificate though.

2) I have submitted the affidavit of support with the application, do I need to fill another one out again and bring it to the interview?

Thanks a lot

ari4u said:
Hello Folks

Announcement:
1. Looking for EAD approval timeline? You can find it ==> here.

Posting Rules:
1. Only for Family Based Green Card applicants
2. In order to calculate the timeline accurately, please provide the following
------RD: Receipt date (exact RD from NOA for I-485 and NOT the date when your package was delivered to USCIS)
------ND: Notice date (exact ND from the NOA for I-485 and NOT the date when you received it in mail)
------ID: Interview date (NOT the date when interview letter was received)
------DO: (NOT chicago lock box)
3. Since DORA applicants start their AOS processing with the interview, this timeline does not apply to them.
4. Please do not quote/copy/repost this table. Only post your timeline and i will update this table.
5. Please post wisely :)

I assumed the ND is same for the I-765 and I-485 (It is for most of us). If it is not, pls PM me and let me know so i can get the correct dates in the table. Suggestions/questions welcome and thanks for your help and support.

Please use my updates as well (I am listed under "Unkown", but I am from New York)

Approved

Hello everyone,

I got my conditional GC yesterday. The immigration officer only went through the originals to crosscheck the photocopies that were in the file. Just asked a few questions:
Where did you meet?
Do you have pictures of your marriage?
Any joint lease/evidence etc?

thats it, the remaining questions were like where did i attend school? what degree i recieved? when did i graduate? do you have all the i-20's ?
The only marriage related questions were those three above.

If any of you want any more details, PM me or let me know if there is any forum made to share the interview experiences, I will go through the complete story on that.
My best wishes to all of you and be calm.. we are unnecessarily nervous. Have every document listed on your interview letter...THIS IS VERY IMPORTANT. The officer crosschecked most of the documents on it.
BE WELL PREPARED....

HI GUYS:

I received my interview notice on friday. It's for Dec 29 2005 in the Atlanta office that makes it about 330 days. Also I noticed that my status online did not change at all. :)

int0928 said:
Today status of both applications (I485 and I130) has been changed:
for I485:
Case Status
The status for this Receipt Number cannot be found at this time in this automated system. Please check your case receipt number to see if it is correct. If you have questions or concerns about your case status, please contact the National Customer Service Center.
For I130:
Application Type: I130, IMMIGRANT PETITION FOR RELATIVE, FIANCE(E), OR ORPHAN

Current Status:

This case has been approved. On September 28, 2005, an approval notice was mailed. If 14 days have passed and you have not received this notice, you may wish to verify or update your address. To update your address, please call the National Customer Service Center at (800) 375-5283.
:D
Today, i recieved my "Permanent Resident card" in mail. :D

Humberto:

Congrats on the interview date. Considering that the Atl office stated in the September 15, 2005 report that they were processing cases with 3/1/2004 priority dates, thats quite a jump.

QDUDE:
IT sure is, and not only that my online portfolio has not changed and if you call the 1800 number they don't have a clue of when the case shlod be transfered to Atlanta. So it is great news.

Now I have a question and maybe somebody else can answer it if you don't, as part of the list of stuff to bring to the interview says not to bring our child unles otherwise instructed. should I or not???

Humberto:

My suggestion would be dont take the child since you havent been otherwise instructed. But do take a family picture/portrait of father, mother and child together. :)

Processing Dates Back-up!!

I find surprisingly that the processing dates for I-485 at most local offices on October 19, 2005 are backed-up. For example, in Tucson, AZ, the processing dates for September 2005 is May 1, 2005; but now it goes back to April 2005! Do you guys have any idea?