AOS Interview Timeline

Detroit, MI district application

Ari.... here is my updated correct information....

RD: 07/6/2005
ND: 07/13/2005
ID: ??
DO: Detroit, MI

Hi Ari,

See my signature to make the necessary changes in your table.

Need an advice from you all in this forum
I will be moving to Cincinnati area in Oct( got a new job there). I am not sure if I should do the address change for the pending I-485 and I-130, this is because though I am moving from boston, one of my friends will be staying at my current address, should I avoid address change hassle? or go through it? I would really appreciate your inputs on this.

Thanks.

NM my inteview has been cancelled for some reasons : :(

My timelines were:

RD: 10/13/2004
ND: 10/20/2004
ID: 09/28/2005 - NOW ???????
DO: Phoenix, AZ

It's really suprising

Hello,

I was really surprised to get a notice today from USCIS for the intial interview. I wasn't at all expecting it to be that fast, especially from the Boston DO.(No online update stating that my file was transfered to Boston, nor is there any update on mailing a notice). Anyways now I dont have to worry about all the address change hassle.

See my updated signature..

Last edited by a moderator:
Ari4u:

Thank you for putting the time and effort into assembling the table. It is very helpful.

Notice Date: 5/1/2005
Receipt Date: 5/26/2005
District Office: Atlanta, GA

forex_dealer said:
Hey guys,shed some light.
I sent my papers to NBC,I reside in Atlanta,GA.Is NBC supposed to forward my papers to Atlanta DO?
My timeline is as follows:
NOA-03/22/05
FP/Bio-05/04/05
EAD received-05/09/05 that was really fast
No interview notice yet.

I just wonder if the papers are usually sent to residing DO??

Yes, your papers will be sent to your district office for your interview. As of 9/15/2005, Atlanta office is processing cases with receipt dates of 3/1/2004.

Did it take them 22 days to cash the checks after you mailed it to the lock box, and then another day before your receipt notice was sent???

Is the Receipt Notice date the date where you start counting the 90 days from in order to be able to get an interim EAD in case you haven't received one?
If so, that is really messed up! I was under the impression that the checks would be cashed within a day or two, and then you should receive a receipt notice a few days later....

froddan said:
Is the Receipt Notice date the date where you start counting the 90 days from in order to be able to get an interim EAD in case you haven't received one?
If so, that is really messed up! I was under the impression that the checks would be cashed within a day or two, and then you should receive a receipt notice a few days later....

This is how it works. When USCIS first receives/accepts your package, that would be your Received Date (do not confuse this with the date USPS delivers it to USCIS). When USCIS opens your application and enters the information in their database for processing, that would be your Notice Date (often referred to as Receipt Notice Date). Your checks would be deposited the same day.

To qualify for your iEAD, some DO count 90 days from the RD and some from the ND. I know most of them count from the RD, but there are some half-knowledged mis-informed people who work in the DO and the customer support who might tell you 90 days is from the ND. Best thing to do in such a case is to get an INFOPASS appt for around 90 days after RD and confront the officer. Most likely the iEAD would be issued the same day.

Ari4u,

Please add my timeline to the table too:

RD: 02/22/05
ND: 03/18/05
ID: ???
DO: Newark, NJ

Additional info:
FP: 04/15/05
EAD: 04/25/05
AP: 04/22/05

Timeline Orlando, Florida

Florida, Orlando
RD 01/09/2004 no interview yet. It takes the Orlando DO between 33 to 36 months to schedule an interview. This is unbelievable!!!

Good luck to all of you!

still don't have green card

MY AOS timeline:

I-765
RD: 06/15/04
ND: 6/28/04
FP: 07/10/04
EAD started: 9/10/04 expired 9/9/05

I-130 and I-485
(Because I sent the incorrect amount of check, Immigration office returned my application files and I had to send them back again.)
RD: 07/06/04
ND: 07/09/04
FP: 07/17/04

AOS interview (New York City District Office): 10/04/04
No stamp on passport, the officer told us that we would receive green card in a few weeks and she wrote on my passport the message interviewed 10/04/04 by Ms. her name.

A few days later, received a letter from the same officer stating that the fingerprint was not cleared. So I had to make another appointment for fingerprint.

FP for I-485 ( the 2nd time): 10/13/04
Update on I-485 case status: on 10/20/04, the fingerprint was received and the cased was resumed.

I haven't had any update on my green card status since then.

Here is our timeline Atlanta D.O.

3/10/2005 Filed Paperwork
3/15/2005 Paperwork Received
3/31/2005 NOA I-765, I-485, I-130
5/23/2005 I-765 APPROVED

That is all so far....

int0928 said:
NM my inteview has been cancelled for some reasons : :(

My timelines were:

RD: 10/13/2004
ND: 10/20/2004
ID: 09/28/2005 - NOW ???????
DO: Phoenix, AZ

As per USCIS.GOV website my interview has been cancelled. Just out of curiousity, i went to local DO yesterday and came to know they do not know anything about online updates. They informend me that you have interview as per schedule. Your application will be denied if you don't appear for it.

Today i went for interview and it went well!!

USCIS.GOV still says :
Receipt Number: MSCxxxxxxxxxx

Application Type: I485, Application to Register Permanent Residence or to Adjust Status

Current Status:

The interview scheduled in this case has been canceled. You will be notified if the interview is rescheduled.

Kind of scary thought that should a person believe on online updates :confused:

Chigapo said:
Ari,

Please throw my name under New York DO. My I-485 ND is 07/11/05.

Thanks!
Did you did your FP on walk in New York city? Which Appliction support center was that?
ins2spice