AOS Interview- Pending name Check

remeron

Registered Users (C)
I had AOS Interview March 15th
My finger prints were clear but name check is pending.
my time line is as follows
I-485
RD NOV 13 2005
ND Nov 21 2005
FP Jan 03 2006
Interview Mar 15 2006
Status Name Check pending
How long name check clearance process takes or more precisely how long is it taking recently?

Last edited by a moderator:
Can I know your DO? My timeline is close to yours and my DO is San antonio.

RD:11/17/2005
Nd:11/23/2005
ID:1/27/06(Name check pending)

remeron,

Our RD was June ??, 2004. Interview Aug 4, 2005. Name check pending since interview. (Chicago DO).

Good luck,
Lardbird

In the same boat!

My interview was exactly one year ago (March 22nd, 2005) - DO Houston (my wife is a USC).

Since then pending FBI Name Check! :(

I'm on my second EAD and AP and will be soon applying for the 3rd time :eek:

What do you do???

something is wrong, and people in west palm beach florida takes 6 months to get green card from ND of I-485 this system is a fraud ,what is name check?
and why is the I-94 so important for AP thats just some little piece of paper that expires in a short period of time anyway?

Last edited by a moderator:
DO Newark, Name check pending

Hi,
I am in the same situation.
Interview DO Newark in February 2005.
Name check pending for over 1 year and 1 months.
Called numerous times USCIS, Info pass appointments, nothing seems to expedite the name check.
Has anybody travelled out of country on Advance Parole, while name check pending?

Thank you

Receipt Date: Dec 8 2005
Interview Date: March 7 2006
Pending Name Check :mad:

Yes of course you can travel using AP while your name is pending. After all that's what the AP is for!!!

Thanks for your respond. Everybody is trying to scare me not to go. I just want to make sure that I am doing the right thing.

Is there anyway to know if your name check is completed before you go to the interview? I have my AoS interview in a week.

froddan said:
Is there anyway to know if your name check is completed before you go to the interview? I have my AoS interview in a week.

You have waited this long. One more week and you'll know for sure. Have some patience :)