AOS interview in Newark , yesterday 02/27/06-Pending Name Check

harry150

I would like to post my interview experience in Newark Yesterday. Appointment was at 9:30 but we were called in at 11:40.The officer told me before the interview started that if we passed the interview that she cannot approve the application because of pedning name check.The whole interview lasted 5 minutes. She verifed the DL,Birth Certifcates, asked basic questions like date of marriage, inlaws names, birth dates ..etc . She took a few joint documents. That is it. She took my I-94s, EAD and AP but gave the EAD ,AP back. She stamped in my passport saying I485 pending due to name check.I pray to god that my name check will be completed soon

TIME LINE:
NOTICE DATE FOR I-485/I765/I130/I131 :10/11/2005
I765/I485 APPROVED: 12/07/2005
AOS INTERVIEW DATE - 02/27/2006
RESULT : PENDING NAME CHECK

I can do all things through Christ, who strengthens me.Philippians 4:13

Congrats! even that your "final" approval came with the results of the name check, Keep that tracking so they don't forget about it! Check over here about people who are stuck in name check what they do so you can keep a track in your case.
Good luck,

what exaclty does "name check" mean? Isn't that something that they do when they take biometrics? :confused:

From your Notice Date to Interview, it has taken only 4 1/2 months. I am wondering if at Newark, they scheduled your interview too early, without waiting for your Name Check to be completed. If that was the case (i.e. scheduling an interview without waiting for name check approval comes through) then your further wait might be well under a couple of months. And then they'll notify you of your approval.

But if it's a classic name check pending scenario (that is your name gets a hit and they want to do more research that you are not who they think you are) then it might take longer for you to hear from them. If you're interested in learning more about name check, please visit the CZ forum where they have a specific thread relating to this issue :

http://www.immigrationportal.com/showthread.php?t=136848

Thanks everyone

Hopefully my name check would be cleared soon. I noticed on my passport the officer wrote "CR6 pending VSC". I am not sure what it means.

I had my GC interview yesterday and the exact same thing happened to me - Pending name check. However the officer didn't stamp anything in my passport. She detached the I-94 card but kept it inside the passport. She made us sign a form stating that we were approved for 2 years conditional GC and gave us a copy. My interview was only 3 months after the first receipt notice so I guess the pending name check is because the interview was a bit early and they didn't get the results from the FBI yet.

Basharaj said:
I had my GC interview yesterday and the exact same thing happened to me - Pending name check. However the officer didn't stamp anything in my passport. She detached the I-94 card but kept it inside the passport. She made us sign a form stating that we were approved for 2 years conditional GC and gave us a copy. My interview was only 3 months after the first receipt notice so I guess the pending name check is because the interview was a bit early and they didn't get the results from the FBI yet.

Was yours Newark DO also?

It is surprising that the officer gave you copy of approval of Conditional GC without name check results. If you don't hear from them a month after interview, it might be better for you to make an InfoPass appt. to find out what's going on.

Well I forgot to mention that on the GC approval form she blanked out the date (put white ink on it). The interview was in Tucson, AZ

harry150 said:
Hopefully my name check would be cleared soon. I noticed on my passport the officer wrote "CR6 pending VSC". I am not sure what it means.

CR6 - Conditional Residency based on marriage to a US citizen.
Name check is usually pending from FBI - May be FBI sends it to the Service Center and that's why they wrote the notation meaning - Conditional Residency pending Name check clearance from VSC.

Harry - Did you hear anything from Newark yet?
Our DO is also Newark. Can you please post when you got the FP notice and when was your FP date?
Thanks and good luck to you.

Can some1 let me know the approximate time for the EAD approval at Newark?
My Timing:

RD - 02/16/2006
ND - 02/21/2006
FP - 03/07/2006
DO - Newark,NJ
EAD - ??
ID - ??

tapskap said:
My Timing:

RD - 02/16/2006
ND - 02/21/2006
FP - 03/07/2006
DO - Newark,NJ
EAD - ??
ID - ??

EAD is processed by the NBC and not by local DO
https://egov.immigration.gov/cris/jsps/NBCprocesstimes.jsp?

As of now, NBC is processing EAD applications with a notice date of Jan 19, 2006 and going by your ND, you should see something happen with your EAD in the next 3-6 weeks assuming you are not expecting an RFE.

Question

So even if your interview was a sucess , when does your cond GC time start ? is the date on the Cond GC stated the day of the interview or when it was approved after the name check was obtained.

tapskap said:
My Timing:

RD - 02/16/2006
ND - 02/21/2006
FP - 03/07/2006
DO - Newark,NJ
EAD - ??
ID - ??

Now I'm really terrified !
All along I was suspecting if my Mom's FP notice was lost in mail, now it seems from "tapskap" 's timeline that my suspicion is right. :mad:

My Mom's RD was 1/30/06 and still not a peep from SC or Newark DO. Can some one tell me what I should do now? Should I wait till the end of this month - so that will be 2 months from RD - or should I make an Info Pass appt? The earliest appt. that I can get from the website is Mar 31st.

jenimmi said:
Now I'm really terrified !
All along I was suspecting if my Mom's FP notice was lost in mail, now it seems from "tapskap" 's timeline that my suspicion is right. :mad:

My Mom's RD was 1/30/06 and still not a peep from SC or Newark DO. Can some one tell me what I should do now? Should I wait till the end of this month - so that will be 2 months from RD - or should I make an Info Pass appt? The earliest appt. that I can get from the website is Mar 31st.

If you suspect that the FP notice got lost in the mail, schedule an InfoPass, now.

I got my finger print notice after 2 weeks of Notice Date in Newark. I do not exactly remember the dates but my finger print appointment was after 4 weeks of Notice Date. In Newark ASC you can use passport as ID. Thats all you need. They did not ask for my Driver License or State ID

harry150 said:
I got my finger print notice after 2 weeks of Notice Date in Newark. I do not exactly remember the dates but my finger print appointment was after 4 weeks of Notice Date. In Newark ASC you can use passport as ID. Thats all you need. They did not ask for my Driver License or State ID

Harry -
Thanks for sharing this info. Okay - now I'm pretty sure, especially since you are also from the same DO, that something is amiss with our FP notice & processing. This is a great forum. I really appreciate that you also answered my other question about photo Id from my "other" thread :)

I wish you good luck to get your NC completed at the earliest. Please do keep us posted.

I am surprised that some of you in Newark DO got FP done within a month of ND. It's been seven months since I submitted I-485 and I am still waiting for the FP notice. I tried calling 1800 number and Infopass and walk-in, lawyer tried too, but no response. Anybody else in such a situation? :mad:

harry150 said:
I would like to post my interview experience in Newark Yesterday. Appointment was at 9:30 but we were called in at 11:40.The officer told me before the interview started that if we passed the interview that she cannot approve the application because of pedning name check.The whole interview lasted 5 minutes. She verifed the DL,Birth Certifcates, asked basic questions like date of marriage, inlaws names, birth dates ..etc . She took a few joint documents. That is it. She took my I-94s, EAD and AP but gave the EAD ,AP back. She stamped in my passport saying I485 pending due to name check.I pray to god that my name check will be completed soon

TIME LINE:
NOTICE DATE FOR I-485/I765/I130/I131 :10/11/2005
I765/I485 APPROVED: 12/07/2005
AOS INTERVIEW DATE - 02/27/2006
RESULT : PENDING NAME CHECK

I can do all things through Christ, who strengthens me.Philippians 4:13

thanks