AOS Interview Experience......

hogwart4

Registered Users (C)
I came to this country when I was a barely a teenager...with my parents we made sure every time to keep our legal status legal. Growing up, fell in love, married ... and finally applied for the green card after being a nonimmigrant for past 6 years.
Today we had our interview...the whole morning was a big rush, we rushed to the district office. Both we were carrying so many file with our evidences, and LOTs of photos of us and us with our families. Anyway...we went through the security, and came to the floor we were suppose to be at (and yes no coffee inside!! :mad: ) Other than that the people were really nice to us.After putting the interview letter through the slots we sat in the lobby. There were many people in it, and all were with their attorneys. This kind of made us worried but again waited patiently until our name called. We were in around 11.00 AM for our 11.30 AM appointment; how ever were not called in until 11.30 AM, and slowly everyone went and we were isolated in the lobby, and we were busy talking to the nice security officer that was talking about how he had a clean driving record, and all the good little advices, and regarding the citizenship testing (This kind of gave me a positive vibe.)
Anyhow, we were called in by an officer who is in his mid thirties. He called my last name out incorrect punctuation, and my wife (USC) jumped and went there and corrected him . Then he followed us to his cubicle, and with our stuff hanging in our hand he said first of all we had to give our oath,so we had our oath. Then we sit down,asked for IDs and verified the info, and he opened the file which I could remember my hand writing. He asked my full name, date of birth,....etc within seconds he stamped my application "approved" :) (as Ari i could hear the bells inside my head ringing ) and continued asking all the questions of "have you ever?...."then he asked couple of questions like my wife's full name and etc...He then asked if we had any evidences to establish the relationship, we gave our bank accounts, leases, joint monthy bills, AAA cards, Blockbuster cards etc etc...and then he wanted to see photos us together, with our families, which we had lots. And we took long time describing the events and so on. Then he wanted to see a time line of our relationship, which my wife gave a very detailed one :p . After listening to that he made few jokes and comments, and started looking into his computer, and said my security/ background clearances are in, all and everything look good :) and he is approving our case. He went out of his room to bring somepapers. Then he again went on to his computer and typed something and printed out. That is a letter adressed to me saying adjustment of status is being approved as of today and all the lovely details :) . Other paper is the notice for conditional aliens decribing my status as a conditional permenent resident, category CR-6, so on.. and the validity of my status as a permenent resident. Then he went on describing how to remove the conditions, then apply for the US Citizenship ASAP. My green card will be arriveing to me within 10 days, eventhough the approval he gave me says within 90 days. That was pretty much it, he made joke that we were over precautious about not leaving the country or some parts of the state which is near to boarders (due to my family lawyer's advice). He said now he got a new lunch time joke to laugh about with his friends :p , well seriously, I am a fulltime student, my wife works two jobs to make us ends meet and we wouldnt risk it by any means. And he sais now that we are approved we can go outside the country and can come back safely. :p
Folks that was pretty much it, well my advice is please be respectful to them and bring what ever that might help them to adjusdicate the case.
Be yourself, dont try to be someone you are not! we were dressed in our causal clothes, many people were dressed like they were going to a dress parade; I think you should wear proper clothes but dont over dress it ;)
Finally I asked about my EAD which was pending forever, he said they do the green card cases faster than them basically, and said I will receive it shortly too, then off we went to eat lunch.
The whole thing lasted like 45 minutes, my wife says its like an half an hr...I felt like it was kinda long, any how it is thorough. So Folks be prepared for your one, and the more you be prepared more easier to them and you. Also I think it depends on the officer you get, ours is a great person, thank god.
The sleepless nights of sorrow tears of my wife and I turned into tears of joy today, so GOD's Graceful! :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow, so you got approved in a little more than 3 months?! That's so fast! Where is your DO?
Anyway, congratulations!! Enjoy your new status! :)

Congrats..... plz post your time line in this thread or post the same in ari's interview experence thread for other people in your DO ....

Hi Everybody,
Thank You so much, and I am pretty sure that all of you guys will also hear good news too.
btw my DO is Santa Ana, California.