AOS Interview done in Newark, Waiting for I-485, Pls advise re: passport stamping

xoxo

Registered Users (C)
Hello everyone,

I had my AOS interview last Nov 22, 2005, at Newark INS Office, (hubby is the primary petitioner), asked to update my medical which by the way if your going to do it, INS Approved Physicians in New York (chinatown area) is much much cheaper ($175 only) where as in Newark area in my experience I spent ($375!!!!) so just a tip for you guys in the NY-NJ areas.
Anyway, I had a frustrating experience during my interview. I was told by the immigration officer that as soon as I have completed the medical, he would approved and stamped my passport. After a week, I came back to submit the requirements, he asked me again another thing - my previous 1-94! I got very angry because he should have asked that during my initial AOS interview with my husband, and the 1-94 he was asking me unfortunately I didnt bring it - of all the documents that I brought in with me - by the way I live in another nearby state (CT) so I went home a little frustrated and the officer told and reassured me again that after I give him that 1-94 doc he would stamped my passport. The following day I came back (from CT) I gave him the 1-94....I waited there for 5 hours and was the last person to be called, then telling me that I will just wait for the letter if I am approved or not, they will review my case??? After waiting there for 5 hours and the officer was aware that I came back for the 1-94....i got really frustrated and was really tired of waiting there, he should have told me to just go home and wait in the mail for approval??? What about the assurance he told me 2x that he would just stamped and approved my passport??? I really dont understand - but anyway, right now its been a month that I been waiting for an approval in the mail/online. But I will go to the west coast to work there temporarily and what if I got an approval while i was away? does passport stamping requires a specific time period? Can I just do passport stamping anytime? This June, I will go for a short vacation in my native country do I need to apply for AP now? coz I am not sure when will my I-485 will get approved.
Your responce is greatly appreciated.
Thanks! :)
ND: 1/10/2001
EAD : 5
FP1: Sept 2004
FP2: Aug 18, 2005
AOS interview : Nov 22, 2005