AOS interview done...dreaded Name Check Pending

tapskap

Registered Users (C)
hello people....

I had my interview scheduled at 11.30 AM at the Newark DO.
I reached there at 11.15 AM and was called in at almost 1.15PM....I had heard persistence pays....o well...it dint in my case....

The officer was one of the nicest I had seen...
As soon as we went in...he seems almost certain that we are genuine.
He took my I-94 immediately and said....But said...unfortunately the name check is pending so I cannot approve your case....

he asked me all the "have u" ?...blah blah...he seemed to know my case pretty well....I asked him that I have heard that Name check clearance may take a year....to that he said...u r a software professional and not a terrorist...there is no reason why it shd take that long for ur case to clear.

Then he asked us...whether it was our first marriage....which it was..he asked us do u have any kids...we said...yes...n its 11 days old...I gave him a picture...then he told me...wat have u got for me...i gave him the combined car insurance...letter from my office...that my wife is the beneficiary of the life/medical insurance...(i had carried zillions of other docs...but he only wanted any one bank statement)....he dint even bother to check these docs....n just filed them....he then gave me a form...which said that the name check was pending....it has his email and his supervisor's email id....he told me....if you dont hear from us in 2 months...write to me....u can write to me even after 30 days...if u r anxious...
I asked him....I have seen people who had applied with mebut have got the GC approved...to that he said...name check depends on different circumstances....your last name...date of birth...etc...etc...
is there anyone who had applied around the same time...n who is in the same situtation....how long will it take guys......this is frustrating....

any inputs...appreciated....

tapskap.

tapskap said:
hello people....

I had my interview scheduled at 11.30 AM at the Newark DO.
I reached there at 11.15 AM and was called in at almost 1.15PM....I had heard persistence pays....o well...it dint in my case....

The officer was one of the nicest I had seen...
As soon as we went in...he seems almost certain that we are genuine.
He took my I-94 immediately and said....But said...unfortunately the name check is pending so I cannot approve your case....

he asked me all the "have u" ?...blah blah...he seemed to know my case pretty well....I asked him that I have heard that Name check clearance may take a year....to that he said...u r a software professional and not a terrorist...there is no reason why it shd take that long for ur case to clear.

Then he asked us...whether it was our first marriage....which it was..he asked us do u have any kids...we said...yes...n its 11 days old...I gave him a picture...then he told me...wat have u got for me...i gave him the combined car insurance...letter from my office...that my wife is the beneficiary of the life/medical insurance...(i had carried zillions of other docs...but he only wanted any one bank statement)....he dint even bother to check these docs....n just filed them....he then gave me a form...which said that the name check was pending....it has his email and his supervisor's email id....he told me....if you dont hear from us in 2 months...write to me....u can write to me even after 30 days...if u r anxious...
I asked him....I have seen people who had applied with mebut have got the GC approved...to that he said...name check depends on different circumstances....your last name...date of birth...etc...etc...
is there anyone who had applied around the same time...n who is in the same situtation....how long will it take guys......this is frustrating....

any inputs...appreciated....

tapskap.

Hey,
Sorry to hear that. I'm in the same boat , had my interview today at Charlotte
Do and being told that Passport couldn't be stamped due to security clearance pending.
He told us that its happening in many cases nowadays as they have started
scheduling interviews earlier than before.
Anyway I'm thinking there should be a new thread as a sticky so all of the people in same situation cabn share their timelines and experiences.
Thanks

Sorry to hear that, taps.
Hopefully, your namecheck will clear soon. I've heard before one of the officers mention that NBC schedules interviews sooner at Newark without checking if Namecheck is completed and therefore the applicants end up waiting for its clearance after interview. But it's only a matter of time. I've seen some cases on the forum where they were told the exact same thing as you were told, and their name check cleared within a month.
Hmm.. yours is the 2nd case from Newark this week, pending name check clearance.
Did you see this thread of "shahpr787" ?
http://www.immigrationportal.com/showthread.php?t=217448

Good luck!

Here is some information regarding the process of the name check on the FBI website http://www.fbi.gov/congress/congress03/garrity071003.htm.

From what i know name check is done by FBI and they run your name thru there data base which is linked to different agencies. If your name with any combination ie: surname, middle name and first name match someone in the system then they call that a "HIT". If that happens then someone from the FBI has to refine and review the cause of the "Hit". Of course now you are dealing with a human being and an agancy that is understaffed.

If you read thru the whole process you will be able to understand it a little more. I know when i was going thru my naturalization process i was very worried about this name check and did a lot of research about it. I found out that there are only 10 people in the States that work on those so called "HIT" matches so you can see the reason why it sometimes takes a very long time to get something back from them. I know its kind of silly if someone gets a hit and they have so much time to do whatever they have to do if they are terrorist but thats the way the system works.

There is also something i found that might be some comfort to people http://www.dhs.gov/interweb/assetlibrary/OIG_06-06_Nov05.pdf It says they plan to eliminate this backlog by FY 2006 so who knows.

Of course the other thing is since people have been getting there interviews so fast it might be just that they have not been complete yet.

I hope this helps and good luck.

Regards

HRH

hrh said:
There is also something i found that might be some comfort to people http://www.dhs.gov/interweb/assetlibrary/OIG_06-06_Nov05.pdf It says they plan to eliminate this backlog by FY 2006 so who knows.

HRH
This is stated by USCIS but here problem is with FBI. USCIS says that they have done their job and now they are waiting on FBI to act. So until FBI is not saying that they are planning to eliminate the backlog, nothing can happen.

amishah said:
This is stated by USCIS but here problem is with FBI. USCIS says that they have done their job and now they are waiting on FBI to act. So until FBI is not saying that they are planning to eliminate the backlog, nothing can happen.

hey amishah? any updates? did you try the congressman route?

hello

hi i am new to this thread
but I am following few forums here and there.
I am from nj. I really had a tough time with uscis today,
they are unwilling to listen when i went in to say what is status of my namecheck after 120 days they said you need to wait more then 6 months i said give me writing they got pissed and asked me to leave saying they can do nothing.

I plan to file WOM. Are there anybody planning this quick?

i-130/I-485/i-765: submited-7/05
ead1-09/10/05
fp1-09/05
interview-1/24/06. name check pending.
ead-2and fp-06-30-06

ari4u said:
hey amishah? any updates? did you try the congressman route?
No Ari I haven't taken ANY action yet. Another important thing has taken priority in my life. But I am planning to contact the congressman and governor. My husband is in the postition where he can talk to The Governor of our state if needed to but we are not pushing it yet. Plus I don't have any life and death situation because of this pending name check so I am not sure how to push the Congrssman to take an interest in my case. Also I have seen that they are of no use in this situation other than we can add it as an atempt.
Thanks for asking and remebering me. I am still around here.

amishah said:
If you are asking me... it is Memphis

Thanks Amishah...When I went for my interview in Newark,the officer gave me his email address and assured me that the case shud be cleared in less than two months...n if I dont hear frm them in one month....I can send him an email....I am sure u must have tried emailing to ur immigration officer.....wat does he have to say?....considering your case is pending since 15 months....

tapskap said:
Thanks Amishah...When I went for my interview in Newark,the officer gave me his email address and assured me that the case shud be cleared in less than two months...n if I dont hear frm them in one month....I can send him an email....I am sure u must have tried emailing to ur immigration officer.....wat does he have to say?....considering your case is pending since 15 months....
How you are counting 15 months? My interview was in Jan 2006.
He never gave me any email address. He never gave me any timeline. He said he don't know how long it will take. I visited my DO about 3 months back and they said the Name Check is still pending. The lady at the window said they re-submit the name every year just in case there was any problem/error in submitting the name. I am thinking about writing to the officer. I know it won't make any difference but I will try.

amishah said:
How you are counting 15 months? My interview was in Jan 2006.
He never gave me any email address. He never gave me any timeline. He said he don't know how long it will take. I visited my DO about 3 months back and they said the Name Check is still pending. The lady at the window said they re-submit the name every year just in case there was any problem/error in submitting the name. I am thinking about writing to the officer. I know it won't make any difference but I will try.

15 Months from the time your FBI namecheck was initiated.
I see in your timeline...."FBI Name Check Initiated 04/22/2005".

tapskap said:
Yes, Amishah, you should count it from the day it was initiated.
I am sorry your name check hasn't been cleared yet. :D
Good luck!

tapskap said:
Ya, right.
I think in your case, the name check should be clear in two months. I think your name is not cleared yet because you got your interview very soon after filing so they have not got the result back from FBI.
Good Luck

Anahit said:
Yes, Amishah, you should count it from the day it was initiated.
I am sorry your name check hasn't been cleared yet. :D
Good luck!
It shows that I have forgot about the issue so much. :p
Was some body in your family was stuck in name check? I think I remeber something, I am not sure.

amishah said:
It shows that I have forgot about the issue so much. :p
Was some body in your family was stuck in name check? I think I remeber something, I am not sure.
... which means you're not stressing much over the issue. That's good. :)
Yes, my husband has been stuck in name check (N-400) for over 3 years now, and my dad (I-485) - for over a year. :D

I was stucked in name check after 6/29 I485 interview. Do you guys think this is a way they use to deny an application?

Any member here was once stucked in NC but get the GC approved within 2-3 months like USCIS claimed?