AOS interview bad experience

hirtop

Hi,
I am a US citizen, and on April 1st 2003 me and my wife had the AOS interview.
The Immigration Officer who conducted the interview, asked us to submit two additional divorce decrees translations performed by an authorized translator and return it along with Form I-72 that he provided (the officer said that we cannot translate our own documents even though we were stating that the translations were accurate).
At the end of the interview we were told that there will be no other interview and that we have convinced him (please note that the interview was tough).

We have submitted the required notarized translations on April 8th 2003 and we have not heard anything about the status of the Application for Adjustment of Status since.

My wife’s EAD expires on June 2003 and because we were very confident that the AOS interview should be OK, we have not filed for an EAD renewal (big mistake here).
How can we check the status of this case?
I have already submitted an inquiry letter to the local Immigration office about this case but no answer yet.
Anyone can help on how to proceed regarding this matter?
Thank you

You can asked your senator to check for you. They will reply right away to them.

Good luck,
Amiya

I'm in the same situation

i had my interview in March 2003 but i didn't bring some of the original documents. so the interviewer sent us back and told us to wait for the letter from the INS. it's been 4 months now and i haven't heard back from them.

so, I called the BCIS center a couple of times. the operator said they're going to send in the request to the local SF (where i live and file the paper) but i heard nothing.

i then sent in an inquiry letter earlier this month (july) but haven't heard back from the INS/BCIS.

i'm still waiting ..... waiting .... waiting....

if anyone knows how/where/who/what i should do to find out about my status please please please help.

Finally, after 2 months of waiting, my wife got the letter of approval, and after two more weeks the GC in mail too.
I have sent two letters to BCIS local office in order to inquire about my wife's status. I was advised by an attorney to ask for help my local representatives about this issue, but eventually the mystery was solved.
Good luck

anseekr,

What original documents you didn't bring to the interview? Could you share with us?

Why don't you write letter to that BCIS? May be its one way to make them look back to your file. They have thousands of files to look over, so they might forget a while about yours, so WAKE them up a little so they gonna at least look through your file and if you're lucky they gonna send you mail. Good luck.

BE PREPARED!

i was being optimistic prior to my interview date. What I did was I brought along another set of copy of all the documents that i have already submitted to the INS.

First of all, we didn't have enough pictures of both of us. (we don't really like to take pictures. and that's not a good enough reason to the interviewer! so, all you guys out ther please take a lot of pictures togeter especially on your weddding day.) Secondly, I didn't bring the original copy of my birth certificate with me (i just had a photocopy.) And last but not least, the original copy of our tax returns (3 years back from the date of the interview.) I fully admit that most of this is my fault and I'm paying a big price for it now.

I called the BCIS center a few times, and consulted with an immigration lawyer, both suggested that I wrote an inquiry letter to SF local office. So, I did - but nothin' I still haven't heard back from them. It's been 4 moths after the interview date now. I'm pretty clueless on what to do next.

any help or suggestions will be appreciated.