• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

AOS Interview Appointment Letter Questions

dv2008gh

Registered Users (C)
Hi all,

Should I be concerned about this- in my interview letter it is in bold that I have to bring all certified court dispositions and evidence that I am married and living together. Is that the kind of letter everyone receives? I'm not married.

If this is not the status quo, do you think that I should contact them during the interview or before the interview through an infopass.

This statement is on the letter addressed to me not on the G-56 attachment everyone receives.

Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
hi there could u please explain to me how come you started adjaustment of status on the 5 and your case number at that time was not at the cutt of time at that moment is it possible fo some one with the same case number to contact immgration and start the AOS even befor ??

hi there could u please explain to me how come you started adjaustment of status on the 5 and your case number at that time was not at the cutt of time at that moment is it possible fo some one with the same case number to contact immgration and start the AOS even befor ??

I called KCC and USCIS for my AOS case many times and all of the time they insist that I have to send my AOS application to USCIS in the month that my number is current. Means , if your number is current in march 2009 your application should be in 1 march 2009 to USCIS. And they said USCIS do not consider the advance notification even. But, it was not right. Read the link below and findout by yourself. Refer to question #11. It states that all DV applicant may file their application on october 1 and after of the fiscal year that they are selected (end september).
www.uscis.gov/files/nativedocuments/MARCBOQA.pdf

It is an official question/answer from USCIS. But, as I said there are still some people in USCIS that do not aware of this. And, you can read many story on this forum that their application retured or even got denied. I advise you that you keep a copy of this question/answer and a letter explaining the situation if you decide to apply october 1. Again, do some research before you apply because this type of question/answer may change.
I hope I could share my experience and I wish you good luck with your AOS.

Last edited by a moderator:
I called KCC and USCIS for my AOS case many times and all of the time they insist that I have to send my AOS application to USCIS in the month that my number is current. Means , if your number is current in march 2009 your application should be in 1 march 2009 to USCIS. And they said USCIS do not consider the advance notification even. But, it was not right. Read the link below and findout by yourself. Refer to question #11. It states that all DV applicant may file their application on october 1 and after of the fiscal year that they are selected.
www.uscis.gov/files/nativedocuments/MARCBOQA.pdf

It is an official question/answer from USCIS. But, as I said there are still some people in USCIS that do not aware of this. And, you can read many story on this forum that their application retured or even got denied. I advise you that you keep a copy of this question/answer and a letter explaining the situation if you decide to apply october 1. Again, do some research before you apply because this type of question/answer may change.
I hope I could share my experience and I wish you good luck with your AOS.

i mailed my AOS forms to USCIS in March as soon as the visa bulletin was released and it showed that i was current in May.

Hi all,

Should I be concerned about this- in my interview letter it is in bold that I have to bring all certified court dispositions and evidence that I am married and living together. Is that the kind of letter everyone receives? I'm not married.

If this is not the status quo, do you think that I should contact them during the interview or before the interview through an infopass.

This statement is on the letter addressed to me not on the G-56 attachment everyone receives.

Thanks

dv2008gh, I received a letter after I received my appointment requesting more evidence about me being a legal immigrant since my last entry in the US. the paper was green and had many boxes. the only ones that were checked were the proof of legal status and others box with details (provide transcripts and employment letter). If you received the same thing, look at the check boxes and what was checked. otherwise, know that your file is in your local office and depending on who you can speak with, you may get more information. My interview letter did not have anything other than the time and date of my appointment. I received the green form requesting additional information to process my file two days later. You might get more information in your infopass since they were kind enough to tell you that your name check was cleared, they weren't able to tell me that much. Maybe your name check came back with a "married" result? I would do an infopass, you don't want to go to the interview then have to provide more evidence...
By the way, congratulations, you finally received the interview date... that is good news ;)