AOS for overstayed husband

monas

Registered Users (C)
Hello everyone,
I have a few questions regarding my husbands petition for AOS through marriage.
1.My husband came in 1984 on G-1 visa(diplomatic, his father)
2. Overstayed visa after 1990.
3. We met in 1993, married in 1997, I was GC holder since 1986.
4. I filed I-130 AFTER Jan. 14 1998 but before Dec 2000.
5. I-130 was approved in 2000, but waiting for avail. visa # to file I-485
6. Meanwhile I applied for my citizenship,which came through in 2003 AND visa # became available the same year.
7. I know I am slow and careless with this thing, but I applied I-485 and his EAD just this year in June.
8. My husband was fingerprinted and biometrics this July and August for EAD and I-485, EAD has been received in Sept.

Throughout this ordeal my husband never left the country, since 1984.

My question is, when I applied for 485, I sent in a letter requesting to upgrade my petition as spouse of a citizen, since my I-130 was filed as GC.
Now, when my husband got fingerprinted, they stamped the notice for fingerprinting as LIFE act. I know that our petition fell under the LIFE Act since I-130 was filed and approved before DEc. 2000. We can also more or less prove that he maintained continuous residence during that time.
But I am getting sleepless night thinking what if he is denied.
Please help, let me know if I am missing something.

thanks,
Mona

since you became a us citizen ....

you do not havbe to worry , because you are a usc your husban overstayed will be forgiven .. It must be a mistake , but you could always correct that with an infopass apoiuntement and talk to a immigration officer , bring all type of document you have receive from them in order to prove your citizenship bring your passport or certificate ..... hope it helps

Last edited by a moderator: