AOS filed Aug 13th, no reciept yet :mad

IPF_USER

Registered Users (C)
Hi people,
Filed for FB AOS on Aug13th@ chicago lockbox. Haven't received NOA yet and my checks haven't been cashed either.
Anyone else in the same boat or is this really unusual?
Suggestions\ thoughts on what can be done to enquire?
:confused::mad:

Thanks!

Read the posts people... there are hundreds of people in your scenario... several of them in this forum :p

:p I did actually. The avg time to get NOA's for July filers based on reading the posts is 30-35 days. I have seen one person who took about 40days.Not too much info on August filers.And its been 44 days since I filed with no action either for the reciept or checks.
I called USCIS but they recommended waiting for 90days even for NOA.:eek:

The fact that there is absolutely no accountability for USCIS until I have atleast a receipt number is freaking me out..

Ya, don't stress too much... just wait a bit, and maybe call once a week or so and maybe they will have received it... Did you send it Certified Mail and did you get a return receipt?!?! This way, you can prove that you sent it in and what not...

Ya, don't stress too much... just wait a bit, and maybe call once a week or so and maybe they will have received it... Did you send it Certified Mail and did you get a return receipt?!?! This way, you can prove that you sent it in and what not...
Thanks, am keeping my fingers crossed.
Used fed-ex but didn't think I wud need the tracking # after it was delivered sucessfully. Go figure!:rolleyes:

You can still get the tracking number by calling Fedex; they will give you a bit of a hard time but be persistent and they will look it up by where you shipped from (Fedex location), where to, and your name. I was in the same boat and they pulled out my record and faxed me the proof of receipt which had the tracking umber too.

You can still get the tracking number by calling Fedex; they will give you a bit of a hard time but be persistent and they will look it up by where you shipped from (Fedex location), where to, and your name. I was in the same boat and they pulled out my record and faxed me the proof of receipt which had the tracking umber too.

Oh wow. Thanks, I will try that.
I still see some people who filed second week of August who have not recieved any notifications yet so am still holding out hope. USCIS told me to call back on the 1st of October if I haven't recieved anything .
Lets see how it goes...