• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

AOS - Family member living abroad

jjaspe

Registered Users (C)
I am going to apply for AOS and I have a family member living abroad who will apply for an immigrant visa status at an embassy.

1.- How is the procedure to tell the USCIS about it?????

Thanks!

it's better to apply either for AOS or for CP for both people at the same time. What status are you in? is there any way to bring the other person on a derivative visa? If not, would you consider CP?

which one of you won?

I won the lottery and I'm living in the US with L2 visa. My husband's daughter is the person who lives abroad, she has L2 visa too and she is almost finishing high school there. I'm not sure if she will going to live with us right now... maybe in the future... but we think she should have the green card too...

In the other hand, I choose AOS because my case number is below 400 so I think it will be current in October.

I already paid the DV fee today (only for my husband, our daughters and me) but the fee for my husband's daughter is still pending. We don't know how to proceed in this case.

Thanks for any answer!!

I would say that you can pay her fees as well, have her come in on L-2, submit her AOS application with yours, and do AOS for all of you at the same time. That would be expensive, of course.

You will have to have your AOS approved first, and then she can apply for her immigrant visa. You should probably submit her DS-230 form with a copy of a barcode sheet to KCC, so that her interview could be scheduled at the embassy, if you don't want her to do AOS with you.

Hi Lucy

What happens if a child is born to us after we get the GC - but the child is born outside USA - eg. in our home country.

On what visa do we bring this child to USA? How fast can we get it ? Is it a risk?

Please let me know.

Thanks
Zamaan

the child will not need a visa, if you bring him back within two years of his birth during the very first return to the US by one of the parents. It has been covered in this forum already.

I would say that you can pay her fees as well, have her come in on L-2, submit her AOS application with yours, and do AOS for all of you at the same time. That would be expensive, of course.

You will have to have your AOS approved first, and then she can apply for her immigrant visa. You should probably submit her DS-230 form with a copy of a barcode sheet to KCC, so that her interview could be scheduled at the embassy, if you don't want her to do AOS with you.

and, if course, there is always a chance that you will not have enough time to do AOS, and she will not get the immigrant visa, etc.

Better do CP together.