AOS- denial reason

BOptimistic

Registered Users (C)
My I-140 has been approved and am currently in the 485 stage.

I first entered as a dependent (F-2) and changed to L-1 after 40 days. Is this sufficient reason for denial of AOS?

In reality I did not come with the intention of getting a job, but only as an accompanying spouse.

Thanks all.

If you hadn't received a denial notice, no reason to worry about it. Forget it and enjoy the life.

Yes, the I-140 was approved based on L-1.

Details:

After changing status, I have got my passport stamped with an L-1 visa twice.

Currently still in L-1 status.

Thanks

Is it L-1B or L-1A

Can you confirm if it is L-1A or B, alternatively did you go through labor certification before I-140.. reason I am asking this is my I-140 was approved based on my L-1A. Now I got an RFE for my past approval notices in my I-485 stage...

Regards

It's L-1A so this was done without Labour Certification.

what was the RFE in your case about? you mention "previous approval notice".

Is the L-1A approval notice sent in any case with the I-485 application?

Thanks

My previous H-1 approvals

I came here on h-1 and then switched to L-1A. Rfe asked me for all my previous h-1 and L-1 approval notices....

I am curious, what is your background, your L-1 was a start up L-1 or some existing company sponsored you... how long have been in 485 stage.

Regards

i have been in 485 stage for a couple of mths now.

i used to work for my employer overseas (MNC with global revenues of over $6 billion annually)and quit when I had to come here on an F-2. At that point i did not even consider joining the parent company here.

After i came here they offered me a position here and I decided to take it up with an L-1A.

-

Coming back to my original concern, is there any issue (as far as you know/have heard) with this sort of switch. ie. in terms of 485 denial/approval since the change of status from f-2 to L-1 was applied for within around 40 days of ccoming here?

Thanks for the info.

Should not be a problem

Changing status and applying for I-485 should not trigger denial, it can trigger an RFE. The main thing is you need to justify why you needed change of status. In case of L-1A they would definately want to know your job responsibilities. That is the reason why I asked about your background in my earlier posting.

What kind of work do you do..

Last edited by a moderator: