AOS cases in VA/DC

juno

Registered Users (C)
Hi all,
I see there r very few cases from VA/DC if u could post ur timelines here.Thanx juno

ND:1/25/01(I-130)
RD:3/16/06(I-485,I-765,I131)
ND:3/20/06
FP:4/07/06
RFE:4/28/06
RFE received by USCIS:5/19/06
AP approved:6/08/06
EAD approved:6/15/06
I.D:?

hey

Hi Juno,

Good idea, we shud try and keep this thread going...
I tried to start one on this area, about month ago. No one replied :(

I'm still waiting for the EAD.... I hope it comes this week???

GC - with both of us without any interview date/letter it makes me think we wont get an interview. When I had an infopass last month the officer asked me did I have an interview letter, I said no. She said that will be a good a thing as I probably wont attend an interview. The card will just come in the post. I also found out my background check was fine that day.

Anyone who reads this post from the DC or VA area should post their timeline and any comments/experiences they have had....

Timeline:
Sent to Chicago lockbox
Then onto MSC
Day 01 Recv date 31st march 06
ND 5th april 06
Biometrics 4/19/06
RFE (1-485) letter dated 5/10/06 (I693 required)
RFE arrives at USCIS/NBC 5/25/06
RFE (I485) received (processed) by USCIS 5/26/06
LUD I-130 5/18/06 – no status yet
Day 063 Infopass - 31st May 06 (Informed FBI background check fine!!)LUD I-485 6/03/06 – informed that I’m now waiting to receive their decision in the mail.
June 20th D-Day EAD Approval email
LUD I-765 6/21/06 APPROVED

Best of luck :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi All,
I think this is a good idea, as I'm also processing in Washington DC. Here is my brief summary:

ND for I-485, I-130, I-131, I-765: 3/20/06
FP for 485 & 765: 4/9
I-131 approved on 6/19
I-765 approved on 6/22
No interview letter yet...

Hi demashkeih,
Ur ND is same as mine.Wonder if/when we will receive our Int.letters.Goodluck.
juno

I am not in the DC DO area, but from what I hear, DC/Northern VA office is backed up compared to Southern VA. Luckily I live a few miles South of Rappahanock river which put me in Southern VA - Norfolk DO. I had transferred my case here from Dallas and I got the interview letter about a little over a month after moving here. I know a colleague who lives in Stafford County, transferred his case from Santa Ana, CA. He got his interview letter too, but went to the interview to find out that his file hadn't reached the DC-DO yet. I had also read on some other forums about people who had applied for naturalization, trying to go to Norfolk DO instead because of DC being very backed up. I hope things are moving much faster now in DC though.

Hi all,
Looks like there are very few people in this DO, then why is this office backed up.
Lit brit looks like this thread wouldnt last long.Just the three of us can keep each other informed of any progress in this case.

its a shame

Hi Juno,

Im sorry this thread isnt getting enough hits. Its a shame.
I did start a new useful thread for us about how to obtain credit and get good credit ratings.

Juno, If you have had any experience or you have some ideas where we could get credit please let us all know.

Juno, I will keep intouch with your via private message, and other threads.

I really dont think we will get interviewed. How long have u guys been married? I think we will both be sitting with GC in the next 2.5 months maybe 3 months. I reckon USCIS are doing well at the moment.

I dont trust the DO processing times I would ignore this, if I were you.

Regards

Little Brit

I am living in VA/DC area too and here is my brief timeline..still waiting for EAD and interview notice. I really need an EAD now since I need to start a new job soon...

July 9th,2006-RD I-130,I-131,I-485,I-765
July 13th-ND for all
Aug.3rd-FP done
Aug.3rd-LUD for I-485,I-765 appear online
Aug.22nd-LUD for I-485,I-765 and I-131
waiting......

jessys said:
I am living in VA/DC area too and here is my brief timeline..still waiting for EAD and interview notice. I really need an EAD now since I need to start a new job soon...

July 9th,2006-RD I-130,I-131,I-485,I-765
July 13th-ND for all
Aug.3rd-FP done
Aug.3rd-LUD for I-485,I-765 appear online
Aug.22nd-LUD for I-485,I-765 and I-131
waiting......

Jessys, we are on the boat. I am waiting for my EAD as well.

Hello all...
We just went to our interview this morning (8/30) and we were approved but pending background check. Interview went great. He just asked the basic questions, where did you meet, etc. etc...
DO: Washington, DC
Here is my timeline:
ND for I-485, I-130, I-131, I-765: 3/20/06
FP for 485 & 765: 4/9
I-131 approved on 6/19
I-765 approved on 6/22
Interview letter received on 8/8
Interview date: 8/30, approved but pending background check.

Hi, everyone.
I just got an interview notice recently.
Here is my timeline:

04/11/06 ND (I-130; I-131; I-765; I-485)
04/17/06 ASC Appointment Notice (I-765; I-485)
04/26/06 Finger Prints taken
06/21/06 AP approved
06/27/06 EAD arrived
08/21/06 Interview Notice
10/17/06 Interview Date (in Fairfax, VA)

Hi
Can you please post how your interview went. My husband (primary applicant) and I got interview times half hour apart. They asked for a list of documentation to bring along. Is this standard or does it depend case by case ? Do they check all the documentation?
An insight would be helpful

THanks

Thank God sum1 started this thread...i'm getting very nervous as i havnt recieved my interview letter yet...my time line is as follows...plz note that i dont know the abbreviations used here so i'll write in plain english...

application sent....4/4/06
recieved notice of action...4/11/06 dated as 4/07/06
finger printing appointment....4/21/06
ead card approval email...6/21/06
no interview letter as yet..

i didnt get the ead card they sent me..it went back to them as undeliverable..i'm waiting 4 it ever since...hav called them a million times but didnt recieve it yet...i am not working yet so i didnt really need it otherwise they r so slow...cant even get an infopass appointment so that i can get a temporary one..any suggestion plz...

Hi all,
I had my interview on aug 30th.The officer was real nice, just verified the information on I-485 and saw the 2005 tax returns.We r married for 6 yrs and have 2 children together(she had their BC in her file).Didnt ask for bank statements or any other stuff.
But since I am spouse of GC holder and the visa numbers had gone back to 99 for 2A category so she couldnt stamp my passport.She said as soon as visa number is available I can come back with the passport to get it stamped. The visa # is available for oct so I will be going on 3rd oct with my passport and see what happens.
ND:20 march 2006
ID: 30 Aug 2006

processing time of AOS cases in VA/DC

Hi,
I am new here. It is good to see that someone started posting some messages again in this thread. It looks like washington D.C DO is one of the slowest one to give out the interviewing letters. Look at other states, some are really fast! But anyway, I got my AP and EAD, so at least I can work and travel...Just wish our DO will speed up somehow...

My brief timeline:
married to USC
DO:washington D.C
ND:July 13th
AP and EAD approved on Sept.18th
AP letter received on Sept.21st
EAD received on Sept.23rd
no interview letter...waiting.....