AOS approved yesterday!

wunicornm

Registered Users (C)
I had the interview yesterday @ charlotte NC and got approved.

Previously my interview was scheduled on Jun 29th, which we can’t make it since the travel plan to my home country. So we wrote a letter to explain the situation and asked for a reschedule. After about 3 months, we received another appointment letter, the interview date was just a week away! We had to prepare as much as we could in a short time.

But the interview was a lot easier than we expected. The interviewer was very busy and didn't want to spend too much time with us. So the whole thing took about 5 mins. A lot of the stuff we prepared she didn't even ask.

At the end she stamped my passport and told me I should receive the physical green card in 3 weeks.

Thanks people here for sharing so much useful information.

Now I got one more question:

How long does it take to get citizenship after the conditional green card?

Last edited by a moderator:
Congratulations !!

It is 3 years (less 90 days for eligibility of application) for Spouse. For all other categories it is 5 years (less 90 days for eligibility of application).

Thank you dragonspell, miamilover!
I just did some search on USCIS website and found the answer too. It was sooner than I thought. :) I thought it takes 5 years after removal of condition. :p

Congratulations!!! I got the email last night saying a welcome notice has been mailed, so I assume we're approved as well. What a wonderful feeling. We couldn't have done it without this forum, it provided us with a wealth of knowledge. Thank you to everyone that has contributed to this forum :)

miamilover said:
Congratulations !!

It is 3 years (less 90 days for eligibility of application) for Spouse. For all other categories it is 5 years (less 90 days for eligibility of application).