AOS approved! Now I have a question..

utmanzai

Registered Users (C)
Hello everyone,

Got my marriage-based AOS approval letter from the Atlanta Office yesterday.... Am very pleased :) Now here is the deal.... I moved to the Indianapolis area 2-months before my approval.... Did change of address with ATL office and went to Indy Office to to let them know too.... Indy office requested my file to be transferred.... but I got my approval from ATL anyway...

The letter was received by my in-laws in ATL. Now should I go to the Indy Office or ATL Office for stamping... The letter obviously shows ATL BCIS address.... Also, the letter doesn't mentioned anything about applying in 2-years to remove conditions nor does it talk about any conditions.... It just says: Now you are a legal permanent resident of United States.

Looking forward to your advice. Thanks in advance!

utmanzai,

How long did it take for you to get the approval? I am in the same boat. I applied April of 2003 and have not heard anything since. Did you have to go for Special registeration and also were you FP the second time around. Any info would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks In Advance,

QCO

I intially applied in California in June 2002 and had my case transferred to ATL later. I would have got it in April 2003, but we had our interview with a very "unresaonable" officer. They asked for more evidene, which we provided promptly. So it took us another extra 6.5 months. No, I was not FP twice. I would assume that it will take you between 1-2 years in Atlanta. If you get your interview early, that would be great.

Thank You for the prompt reply. I guess it is a waiting game. I am just getting impatient since I have not heard anything since the EAD notice. Well I pray everything goes well for you and they start processing things sooner.

Regards,

QCO