AOS approved in Detroit today

ell_emm

Registered Users (C)
Hi Forum

Me and my spouse(USC) had a interview today.
Scheduled at 1:30 PM called in at 2:00 Pm
The officer was really nice person and as we entered his cabin , he asked us to take the oath. We did that and then he asked us to be seated.

Then he asked for the State IDs:

We handed it over to him then he said do you have anything joint like bank statements or any other docs : we handed himLease docs and BAnk Statments.

He asked our date of marriage and where ( we replied the date we had our civil marriage in the city hall; we never disclosed our religious marriage as he never questioned) He then asked me all the q's in the 485 yes/ no type /i said no to all of them . Then he pulled out a sheet where he had all the things listed,

He verified all the information from my file and kept me askin if they were right ( he never asked for any originals as he had all the copies in my application)
He kept checking everything on that piece of sheet he had on his table.
Then he explained about the conditional greencard and told us that WE have to file 751 1 YEAR AND 9 MONTHS from TODAY (This was SURPRISING FOR ME) as it is generally at your second anniversary.

Rest he asked for employment letters and paystbs OR Tax returns of 2005 .
We handed him our employment info and he made copies for it. He also kept lease photocopies.

then he told us that He can Approve the case as name check and background check is done already.

After he came from photocopying I asked him about the Stamping the passport. He told me that if I want he can do that and if I was not going out of country then it is better not to get it stamped as when we come in at airport I have to go thru 2 checks first primary and then secondary. So he said its my choice. I opted for not getting stamped. He also said that if in case I need stamp I can come ( with Infopass) and they can do it then.

So, this was the whole experience and we came out at 2: 30 Pm.

I thank all the members for the info and help.

Good luck to all.

yess he did , he said it should come in 2 weeks but said that generally they tell people from 4 to 6 weeks.

My AOS got approved at Detroit on 22nd March. The lady who interviewed me, stamped my passport and she said I will be able to travel without any problems. She also said that it will take upto 2 months to receive GC. With AP, I-94 and EAD taken away, I would think it is better to have passport stamped to prove residency.

DetroitKam

They didnt asked for any kind of EAD , I 94 or AP.
I dont know why it is diff in same office. I still have everything after approval.

Question If he had asked for I-94 and you had given it to the officer , the I-94 that you would have given him was it expired or still current?

eric v said:
Question If he had asked for I-94 and you had given it to the officer , the I-94 that you would have given him was it expired or still current?
I 94 I had was from my H1 b, which Was stamped before my application started, I started working on EAD since Feb 06, So I dontknow if It was an expired one or not.

I had two I-94s that were expired and one was current. The officer tore off all my I-94s from my current and old passports. She also took away the three EADs - one current, one interim and one was old (OPT from F1). She also took away two AP documents. She said I don't need any of those documents as I am a permanant resident. She stamped my passport with permanant resident status (I551), which expires in a year. She said I will receive my GC in mail within next two months but I should be able to travel, work.. with the stamp on the passport.
I know it is weird. Why would two officers at same DO follow different procedures. Well... as long as we get approved :)

Hi El Emm,

When you said he asked you questions about information on the file ,, what exactly do you mean.
Can you please elaborate ??

Thanks in advance and congratulations..