AOS approved, but...

chromedOut

Registered Users (C)
I'm moving this post from another forum. hopefully I'll be met with a more helpful and attentive audience:

I aged out before I could be granted permanent residency as a dependant of my father. he filed an I-130 on my behalf on december 2000. my PD is JAN 01. he has since become a u.s. citizen which finally allowed us to send in my I-485 at the end of june.

purpose of this post is to seek advice or find someone that has found themselves in my current predicament. you see, two days ago I FINALLY had my interview and in the end I was informed that I was approved. however, there was a catch. the official could not order my gc because I was, again, a victim of the retrogression -- he pulled the OCT bulletin out of a desk drawer -- since my priority date is JAN 01. I was current when I squeaked my AOS application at the end of june before the dates started being reversed. my immediate fear was that my file would be forgotten when my cut-off date became current in the future. the gentleman informed me that my file would be set aside in a place that would be monitored frequently and as soon as my number came up again, they would release my gc.

not wanting to risk having it gather dust I decided I would schedule an infopass appointment as soon as I became current again. imagine my surprise when I discovered this morning that the NOVEMBER bulletin had been posted today and according to it I will be allotted a number. my questions are:

- is my number allocation effective immediately or on november 1st?
- if I schedule an infopass appointment for nov. 1st could that cause a conflict with my file being shipped off to have the gc made? or should I sit back and wait to see what my attorneys find out -- they drafted a letter to a supervisor (and also asked me the name of the person that conducted my interview) this afternoon?

thanks in advance for your replies.