• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

AOS and original KCC file missing

moo6moo

:confused: I have just came from the AOS interview and everything was OK except that the filed officer said that they do not have my original file Diversity lottery application from Kentucky Consular Center and I have to wait until they receive it. On the other hand, I just called KCC and they said the file was forwarded to CIS on Jan 13. What do you advise I should do?

Also, my I-20 is expiring on May 31 this year and most likely I won’t be done with my Ph.D. (I set my graduation for August). If I extend my I-20 through the school and SEVIS, will it invalidate my I-485 application (like in the case of using an I-20 to enter the country instead of using advanced parole)? I do have to have a valid I-20 to stay in school while my case is pending but I do not want to jeopardize my I-485 application either.

Thanks for your help!

You should definitely get a lawyer. You can know the procedure, you can know the phone numbers to call, but when your laywer does it he/she can go much further then you can. That's why I have a lawyer. I learned from my husband's AOS through asylum: when his file magically disappeared, everything he was able to do was to call and write letters without response. Once he got a lawyer, she made 2 calls and they found the file.
And make sure you find a good one - the best ones are usually found by word of mouth. BTW are you in US? Where?

I am in Indianapolis, IN. I was thinking that maybe 1 month is not long enough for the file to move from Kentucky (KCC) to the filed officer's desk. I wonder if this person may get upset if she thinks the time line is OK and sudenly she gets invaded by letters and phone calls from a laywer I don't have yet... Can you recommend anybody in Indianapolis?

Exact same thing with KCC file missing

I just got from AOS DV interview. Everything was fine exept KCC file was missing. I am in panic a little bit. MOO6MOO can you conatct me via email.
If i will get any info I will conatct you.
Can anybody say what to do? (except hiring lawyer) Please contact me via email: voprosdv@yahoo.com
I would greatly appreciate any help.

thank you