AOS and H1B

tui_kee

Registered Users (C)
Hello there,

I am on H1B right now and married to USC. I have already filed my I-485, I-765 and I-130 application on January. My employer is treating me very badly and I told him I am going leave the company and do not want to work for me. He gave me a threat that he will talk with his lawyer and do everything that I can never get a Green card. I am now worried what kind of harms he can do to me. Is there anything he can do so that my AOS application gets delayed? By the way our marriage is totally legal and we dated for about one and half years before we got married. In this situation I am very much worried. If someone can reply me with their comments that will be great. If I want to work as volunteer employee until I get my EAD will there be any problem?

Thanks in advance.

My employer is treating me very badly and I told him I am going leave the company and do not want to work for me. He gave me a threat that he will talk with his lawyer and do everything that I can never get a Green card. I am now worried what kind of harms he can do to me.

He can do nothing. Tell him to go to hell.

Agreed. He's blowing smoke out of his ass. Your Green Card application has got nothing to do with him or the H-1B he sponsored you for. Your Green Card application hinges on one thing only, that your marriage is real. If he continues to hassle you, report him to the police.

As for the volunteering thing, its fine as long as what you're doing wouldn't normally be paid. I.e. if you're taking a job for no pay because you haven't got your EAD yet, and will be paid when you get your EAD, that's not allowed. If you're helping out in a soup kitchen or looking after stray cats, that's fine.