• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

AOS and FP done thru EB3, got DV-2006 in the mail

id301

Hi,

Can someone please explain to me what is the best avenue in my case. I am waiting for 485 approval thru EB3, I have done fingerprinting(in April 05), got AP and EAD (in Nov 04).

Now I got the DV-2006 notice in the mail.

How long does it take to get the PR in DV lottery cases?

Can I continue with both applications (thru AOS, and thru DV) at the same time and just wait for the first one to come thru?

Thanks

I think you can go with concurrent processing, meaning you submit application for both. The downside is you would have to pay for fees associated with both applications, but you would be on the safe side and would get whichever one goes faster.

today I have asked two USCIS representatives if I can proceed concurrently with labor certification with my employer & the DV AOS. I got two different answers. The USCIS representative on the phone said yes. The USCIS representative in the CIS office said no. Does somebody know the correct answer?

Thanks,
Barry

this is what I saw on the State Dept web page:

21. MAY PERSONS WHO ARE ALREADY REGISTERED FOR AN IMMIGRANT VISA IN ANOTHER CATEGORY APPLY FOR THE DV PROGRAM?

Yes, such persons may apply for the DV program.

Anybody have any comments?

I don't know why the person in the USCIS said no. He was very categorized and didn't provide any reasons. Just keeping say no no no ... Maybe it isn't correct, maybe it is. I will call the USCIS customer service phone again to have 3-rd, 4-th and maybe 5-th answer. Anyway, the best will be to find it written somewhere and to attach the printed statement to the application.

Regarding the State Dept web page quote, it seems to me that they are trying to say that you can participate in the lottery. But on the other hand, they are not saying something specific if you can proceed concurrently in case you win.

Why don't you get a free lawyer or paralegal consultation? Usually they'll give you a first consultation free. Also, you can email Rajiv (the lawyer hosting this board).

yes, you can have two AOS cases running concurrently.

And YeahRight! is incorrect when he/she says that DV cases are always approved. A lot of consular cases get rejected during or before the interview for a variety of reasons. Since there are only a few AOS cases I am familiar with, I cannot say to a degree of certainty how many of them fail. I have described possible reasons for failure in consular processing cases in other posts on this forum.