• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

AOS / $100 Fee to Dept of State

marianna

Registered Users (C)
For anyone who did AOS: there is page in the Notification Letter thas says - if you do AOS rather than CP, send $100 to Department of State as a Visa Processing Fee. This is in addition to the $385 fee that I sent to USCIS. The address that they give for $100 Fee is in Pittsburg, PA. My lawyer advised me to send this once I receive the receipt that my AOS was filed. So, I did it. In 1.5 week, I got the whole thing back - it came back from KCC, saying they don't take payments for the processing of immigrant visa's petitions. So, it's confusing: they thought I sent the fee for AOS application in the wrong place, while I was sending visa fee, as instructed. Or maybe my lawyers instructed me incorrectly and I should only send the visa processing fee when my AOS is actually approved rather than just filed. Please share your experience. Thanks

no, the $100 fee has to be submitted before the interview. As for the correct address, perhaps, you want to call KCC, and find out for sure where the $100 payment needs to be sent.

Hi LucyMo
the situation seem to differ from consulate to consulate.i received a similar instruction but when i verified at the consulate concerned, i was told to bring all the fee on the day of my interview and that i did.

Marianna is asking about AOS, not consular processing. In a case of a consular processing, you pay the fees right before the interview, at the consulate. Different rules apply to AOSing people.

fee wasn't cashed yet but interview close

Hi,

I have sent my fee to Pittsburgh on 4/20, but didn't get any reply yet (money order wasn't cashed by now). I have AOS interview on 5/13. Could my case be delayed because of failure to present a receipt?