Anything to worry about?

udayse

Registered Users (C)
Hi,
Thank you for reading and responding to this.
I came to the US in 1998 on a F-1 student visa and have been here since.
I have not travelled outside the country so far.

I was on H1-b for 2 1/2 years and then I got married to a US citizen and filed for a green card through marriage
Everything went through ok, I have a valid conditional green card till 05/2006. I am travelling outside the country for the first time this month. Is there anything that I need to worry about?

Thanks

udayse said:
Hi,
Thank you for reading and responding to this.
I came to the US in 1998 on a F-1 student visa and have been here since.
I have not travelled outside the country so far.

I was on H1-b for 2 1/2 years and then I got married to a US citizen and filed for a green card through marriage
Everything went through ok, I have a valid conditional green card till 05/2006. I am travelling outside the country for the first time this month. Is there anything that I need to worry about?

Thanks

Is there something you are worried about? I dont see any problem. you are good to go.

You are a permanent resident!!!, conditional yes, but you are a permanent resident and have all the same rights of the non conditional ones. Go!
And of course if you are going to travel, take your valid passport and your alien card!

Remember to apply on time for you removal of conditions!!!

Worries? gosh you even didn't need to post in here man!!! :) have a fun trip.

Good luck,

cherr1980 said:
You are a permanent resident!!!, conditional yes, but you are a permanent resident and have all the same rights of the non conditional ones. Go!
And of course if you are going to travel, take your valid passport and your alien card!

Remember to apply on time for you removal of conditions!!!

Worries? gosh you even didn't need to post in here man!!! :) have a fun trip.

Good luck,

Only you need to worry about your spouse(if female). Coz you have to shop for her thousands of $$$ from back home :p . So carry a big fat wallet.

Don't worry.

Good luck.

Thanks guys!
I was wondering if the INS guy at the airport will go through my entire history of being in the US when I come back in.

Thanks

Relax yo!

udayse said:
Thanks guys!
I was wondering if the INS guy at the airport will go through my entire history of being in the US when I come back in.

Thanks

Not to worry. Your history would have gone down in their records when they were processing your GC. If you did not do anything wrong, what are you paranoid for? If you did anything wrong, you would not have got your GC. If you did something wrong after you got your GC, then you should talk to a lawyer to see what the implications are...

Good Luck!