Anything esle I need for AOS

chrisz

Registered Users (C)
Anything esle I need for AOS interview?

Hi guys,
I will have my AOS interview a month from now. Here is the list that I have, please suggest what else I need to bring/prepare for. Kind of nervous since I have been waiting for more than two years, really wants to get over with it.
Interview Letter

Petitioner’s Identification
1.Passport
2.SSC
3.EAD
4.My BC and my wife's
5.My DL and my wife's passport. She doesn't have DL yet.

Original USCIS Documents
1 AOS fingerprints
2 AOS petition receipt
3 EAD petition receipt

AOS Petition
1 Copy of AOS Petition
2 Income Tax Forms from Last 2 years
3 Employer Letter for USC
4 Copy of Vaccination Supplement Form

Proof of Marriage
1 Marriage Certificate
2 Pictures of Wedding, not too many. little worried. :(

Supporting Evidence of Relationship
1 Life Insurance/Beneficiary
2 Joint Bank Account Statement/Blank Cheque
3 Joint verizon Bill
4 Joint Lease Agreement (including utilities)
5 Joint Auto Insurance(she is on the list)
6 Pictures of Us
7 Joint Christmas Cards from Friends
8 joint receipts (brong a TV 3 months ago)

Evidence of Me Establishing Myself Here
1 Pay Stubs and employe letter (details of my work and salary)
2 Welcome Letter from Community College
3 Junk Mail
4 college degrees (double majored)
5 i don't think i can find my high school diploma. my parents have it, should i let them fax to me?

so far, i don't know what else i have left, would you mind provide any suggestions? My EAD will expire soon (around may i believe). Now the account dept. is rushing me to update my status, should i renew it since Garden city no longer stamp anymore?
i am little paranoid right now (maybe i have too much coffee in the morning). i was talking to my wife last night that we should remember some details of our daily life. like the color of furniture, how many stairs, my parents names (she can't get their names right somehow), my graduation date (i have to double check that)... she told me that i am worried too much, i don't know.
too much stuff everyday. this AOS thing is driving me crzy now.

thanks for reading

Last edited by a moderator:
That's more like it !
Don't forget to make copies od BC, marriage license, passports, paystubs... Don't forget also to bring your I-94 !!! Everything seems fine to me.
Good luck !

Ema.

ema76 said:
That's more like it !
Don't forget to make copies od BC, marriage license, passports, paystubs... Don't forget also to bring your I-94 !!! Everything seems fine to me.
Good luck !

Ema.
thanks for the input. one more question regarding to the pictures, I haven't taken any pic with wife's parents (they are divorced), she only has some contacts with her mom. they aren't so close(average one visit per week), we barely talk about this, she gets upset everytime i ask her family stuff. I met her mom but not her dad, we didn't take any pictures.
also my parents didn't take any pics with my wife since they are overseas. I just worried if this is going to be a issue for USCIS.

also we didn't have a big american wedding. at that time i just graduated from college, finished my interns, and we are both short with money. but we invited all our friends a wedding dinner. is this going to be another issue for USCIS?
what you think?

If the officer asks you if you met your wife's parents, tell it like it is, you know... you have nothing to hide or to worry about. That CAN'T be a problem if you don't have any pictures (or just a few of them) with the parents. They look elsewhere to find proof that is a bonafide marriage.
By the way, when did you get married ? Is it been 2 years ??

Ema.

P.S.: For my wedding, there was only my sister-in-law, her hubby and 2 kids (and my son of course). We went to a restaurant after that, then had a party in our apartment, the four of us (grown-ups). The INS doesn't look for the sdetails of the party, you know... We had pictures, of course, but the officer did not even ask for any of them. We are married for almost 5 years and have a child together, so...

ema76 said:
If the officer asks you if you met your wife's parents, tell it like it is, you know... you have nothing to hide or to worry about. That CAN'T be a problem if you don't have any pictures (or just a few of them) with the parents. They look elsewhere to find proof that is a bonafide marriage.
By the way, when did you get married ? Is it been 2 years ??

Ema.

thanks man, we got married on july 2003, and filed AOS in dec 2003. I lost my original BC, so i have to ask my parents overseas to make a new one for me. that cost some time.
by the way, thanks for sharing your experience, that just makes calm down little.
wish you the best

Don't worry Chris,
Your case is very similar to mine, I filed in Oct. 2003
and YES YES renew your EAD Card -don't make the same mistake I made-, you never know when you will receive the GC.
u might receive the card some time in June... so you need to be prepared for worst case senario, $180 is nothing when it comes to loosing a job.
Also if you were F1 status, you need to bring proof that you graduated or something (Transcripts).
do you have a baby?
good luck on the interview and don't worry, it is your right 100% to become a green card holder... so go with confidence ... if you need more info. send me a private message and I will provide u with my phone #.. we can talk on the phone :)
take care,

thanks ari4u and brklyn

air4u, it is hard to request a transcrip coz IRS is super busy, i called yesterday, they said it may take one to three months. now, i only have the W-2 and all tax forms from my accountant. she always keeps a copy for me, but 2003 tax return, she gave to me and i think i lost it. now, i only have 2004 and 2005.

do u guys think i should bring a lawyer with me?

Why do you think you need a lawyer ?? :eek:

About the tax return for 2003, maybe the officer will not even ask for them. I think as long as you have 2004 and 2005 (of course 2005 is the most important), you'll be ok. The officer asked me for the 2004 tax return and just asked if we have the 2005, we said not yet !
BUT, call the IRS and ask for the 2003 transcripts (if you didn't done it yet ?), you never know, maybe you'll be lucky and the transcripts will come on time ;) !

Ema.

IRS transcripts

There's a 1-800 number you can phone to order transcripts and statements of your tax account. (I believe the number is 1-800–829–1040 .)

The system is automated: you only need enter your SSN (or your husband/wife's SSN if you filed jointly and they are the head of household) and house number over the phone.

I ordered transcripts and statements of account for my wife and me about three weeks ago and they came within a week (in eight separate envelopes!) Much easier than getting copies of all the W2, 1040, schedules A, B, C, D,... together!

RaleighGuy said:
There's a 1-800 number you can phone to order transcripts and statements of your tax account. (I believe the number is 1-800–829–1040 .)

The system is automated: you only need enter your SSN (or your husband/wife's SSN if you filed jointly and they are the head of household) and house number over the phone.

I ordered transcripts and statements of account for my wife and me about three weeks ago and they came within a week (in eight separate envelopes!) Much easier than getting copies of all the W2, 1040, schedules A, B, C, D,... together!
thanks a lot, will do it.