Anyone work for InfoSys or Wipro?

lamborghini,

Ofcourse I was kidding. Whaddaya think, don't I know about things in India. See how much I know below. Man I have been there recently and I know that,

a)Lallu is not Bihar's CM anymore and
b)Shatrughan has started abstinence for the sake of ministership
c)Sonia has stopped sending antiques to Italy lately for the fear of.......
d)MM Joshi has won the case for rewriting NCERT syllabus to get rid of pinkos tainted history writings and Pinkos r finding new reasons to defy Supreme Court again
e)Farooq Abdullah is in India only this summer coz London has been exceptionally cold
d)Farooq was kicked hard in the ass by Advani for asking for a new golf course for people of Kashmir
e)etc. etc.

Do u still think I don't know what a lak is?
:p :p :p

Wow!

I've been toying with this idea for a while now. Unfortunately, I don't know anyone in those two companies. It'd be great if I could pickup a lead from here...

now that i recalculate dma_va you are right! it does come to $25000 a month (the damn battery died in my calculator - wasn't the bunny battery)

Chicken, you are making a big mistake.. quit your american GC dream and go for an Indian one.. as long as Laloo is not the CM of Bihar

Lamborghini,

U have confused me here a bit. Why don't u do this.........

Occasionally, when I think that I am going to write something funny (in my opinion), but I think that people may not interpret it that way (thru the text itself), I add on funny faces like :p ;) so that people would know that I am acting funny here.

U said that I was right in my calculation about $25000 per monthbut earlier u said that u knew I knew about " a lak". That made me confused.

If u r acting funny here, please raise that flag for a poor soul like me.

Last edited by a moderator:
$30K in India is really good (if I can convince EDS and get it again) as I have a fully owned house. In US, one is also paying at least $15 to $20K (mostly after tax) for rent/mortgage (those 30 yr loans), etc. every year.

In my case if I make the 1.25 Lakh rupees ($2500) per month in India, I would think it is like the equivalent of making $50K in US. I can live comfortably with that in India but not in US.

But a year to go before I am off. I also feel as others mentioned in their posts that money matters than working for Infosys. Because of the brand consciousness of Infosys, they can get away with paying lesser.

Anyway, thanks for your responses.

st8

Do not forget that with Infosys you make a trip to US/Europe every year. For shorter trips, you are paid in dollars without any tax neither in US nor in India. It adds to your income.

However, there will be a big difference between you and another InfoSys guy, who spent 10 years with InfoSys. I feel, it is always better to join a smaller company and see it grow big. You gain more. Nowadays, smaller companies are paying very good salary to attract better skilled people.

EDS.....BAD NEWS

BAd News for EDS......
EDS closing price on Wed - 36....
EDS Closing price on Thus - 17....

Well thata big big loss.....

Dont even think of going to EDs....

I have friends currently working for both

Infosys and Wipro in the US ... Both the companies are not hiring anyone from the US unless its a very specialized skill.... they prefer to hire people from India .....

Also, the Account managers here have to really give a really convincing reason to their bosses in India, as to why they want to hire the person from USA when there are X number of guys with the same skill waiting in India ....