Anyone work for InfoSys or Wipro?

I worked for Infosys long back

InfoSys is great. They have one of the best management teams in the world. Most of my batchmates are millionaires (even by US standards) now.

Wipro is also good, but not as good as InfoSys.

I am interested in knowing too.

Is it possible to get hired with Wipro/Infosys in the US and go back to India afer a year or so?

Or is it better to try direct employment in India?

How is EDS/IBM, India compared to them?

st8

I know some people who got hired here. No matter where you get hired, you always have option of going back to India. If you really want to enjoy the best of both countries, InfoSys is the best place to work for.

gc791188: I will be packing up and going back to India 4th quarter next year (though I will get my GC first/second quarter next year). I checked with few of the companies in India. EDS seemed to pay pretty well (about 1.25 lakh+/pm). I have about 10yrs exp. Would Infy/Wipro be on par?

Lot of listings in India from all these companies. But none in US for Wipro/Infosys here. Do they hire here at all?

st8

To be honest, I do not have any idea about the current salary at Infosys. I don't know about the current openings, either.

For InfoSys, it is better if you get hold of someone working at InfoSys and have your resume forwarded through him. It used to work when I was at InfoSys.

dma_va: Wow! EDS tanked so much! Maybe, they will send back more work to India to save costs (as that is were I am looking). :)

Still, my plans are for 4th qtr 2003. So, things could be and should be different.

I know of no one in Infy but know people in TCS/Wipro/EDS/Sify back home :(. Hmmm, need to dig deeper into my contacts list. I have worked with a few of the Fortune 100 companies and never come across any Infy consultants. :(

gc791188: Will keep looking.

sivak_c: Come on man. Can't you not guess the URLs? :rolleyes: :p Try infosys.com, wipro.com

Thanks for your repsonses and wish you all the best and success.

Last edited by a moderator:
Send a private msg

Maybe chicken65 should send a private message to Narayan Murthy :D Oh, maybe he would have if it was Narayani murthy

Infosys is definitely better

Infosys is definitely a good company to work for because the management is a Technical management unlike in most of the other companies where panwallahs run the show.

The salary in India is pretty good but ultimately the salary is the bottom line no matter how much ever work you do.

If EDS is paying you better, go for it.

Good luck in your search..

Abt Infosys

No doubt infosys is a great company.

But for those who are really interested in applying there.. Some tips.

They don't hire professionals with more than 7 years experience if you dont have atleast 3 years of managerial experience in that 7 yrs.
If your experience is greater then it should include your experience in handling projects, cost estimation, resource management, Fixed bid/ Consulting experience etc.

w.r.t. the pay (pls come down to earth from 1.25 Lakhs and might hardly cross 1 Lakh and that too on a case to case basis.

No stocks and only options from 2000.

You should be able to head one of their accounts and the average age of a manager who heads is 28 yrs. They get the core guys from school campus in India and teach them management.

They are planning to recruit 2000 employees mostly from school this year and next year.

They got close to 7000 resumes from all over the world on its 3 weeks ad in samachar.com which they trashed 5000 already..

Hope this gives some idea..

My idea is to go for someone who pays more than on name brands. Cash the IT and not care abt resume.

GC_JULY_2001: I got that from EDS about 6-7 months ago which I had turned down at the time. Now, I have to start looking again which I am planning on to do in 2003.

Infosys stumps me. Their site for job postings under USA show Indian locations. :confused:

money matters

I worked for Inforsys five years ago. They were the best at that time and I think they are still the best. Wipro is also a good company too.

After all these years I realized one thing. You need to go after money. It does not matter which company you work for. Probably starting a business on your own is also 'not a bad idea'.

Good luck.

Thanks for the input! GC091100... thanks. Phas Gaya, I send a private message
to your uncle! Nee

How much is a laks?

Chicken65,

A "laks" is a million. So, if st8 was promised 1.25 laks rupees per month, that'd make $25000 per month. Quite good huh!!!!!!!!! :D :D :D :p ;)

Guys, please don't correct me if I am wrong.;)

god how long has it been since you left india

a lak is 1,00,000

thus $2,000 at Rs 50/- to a $1

so about $30,000 per year (at 1.25 lakh per month) - that sucks by US standards but is pretty good pay in India.

Last edited by a moderator:
$24000 is worth it.

You get "sondhi mitti ki khusbu" after every rain. Here in US, they have either cemented surface or grass all over the place. You don't get any khusbu from the mitti.