anyone with this situation... HELP ..SOS

Rick

Registered Users (C)
India,RIR,EB2,PD-Aug\'99 FP done on-Apr\'17,2001.

I always get confused with RD and ND...

1. Job is in trouble
2. I will complete 6 months next month since I applied for I-485
3. What r my options?
4. What happens if EAD is expired..how long can I extend?

Please HELP

Rick

No Title

Hang On Until u complete six months on leave or unpaid if you lost the job(Hope this will not happen)
After that you can safely find another job and renew EAD when expired

No Title

Thank u for the prompt reply.

1.180 days is not a law YET
2.Do I have to go thr GC processing again?
3.What happeNs to this EAD? is it Employment specific?
4. I still have 2 years on H1B visa ..should I try for the next job with H1B..

Regards

Rick

No Title

Rick,

I did discuss this issue with IIO and she told me that 180 rules is valid and the way its done is you have to apply for I-140 redo after joining the new company and on your EAD at least 4 months should be left. Then you can apply for a new EAD. and get new EAD. You dont need to apply for H1 again and your I-485 date is valid. Also please check with the INS. The number will be busy all the time, but I get generally during lunchtime(12-1 p.m Eastern time). their number is 802-527-1493(or 4913). They will definitely give you the guidelines.

veeresh

No Title

Tks Veeresh...

I will do that & let us see what they have to say.
Catch is the new job should be the same as old for this 180 days rules & job change. Unfortunately, I don\'t have a copy of wht copmany lawyer has submitted...is there anyway we can get the copy...at what stage do they submit \'Job profile\'...labor or I-140 or I-485...

Regards

No Title

Rick,

I think and would be safe to assume the new job description should be pretty close to the old job description, which I think your company lawyer should not have a problem providing you with the same.
Another point that I was thinking was the how far (which would be radius in miles) should the new job be located from the old job so that you don\'t have to do the Labor Certification or I-140 (not sure which one), the process where you test the job market for a given place. Again, I am not sure this is a point of concern but there were no specific guidelines from the INS (readers who may have more knowledge on this issue please do correct me on the same) in case you were to change your job after 180 days of filling of I-485 on the location of the new job. So you may want to look at this option before you decide to take up a new job.

Keep us updated on the progress of your case,

Take care,

Ray...