Anyone with this experience..talked to IIO

UDAY K

Registered Users (C)
EB2, RD 09/00, ND 10/00 No FP yet. Talked to IIO a month back and was told that they will resend the FP within 30 days. 30 days over, called again and now another IIO says FP was send earlier to attny 8 months back. Neither attny nor I received it. I requested to resend it again, the IIO told my case is with an officer and he is reviewing it. Only he can decide whether to send another FP or not. Lawyer said he will send inquiry. Do not know what to do now? Any suggestion friends? Can I call IIO again? Can I just walk in to local INS forFP explaining them FP notice was lost? Pl. share your thoughts

Same situation

I am in the same situation. My case (ND 7/6/00) no FP. I called and they said they nad send an FP notice in Oct 00. No one received. The IIO said that an officer was reviewing the file and he would decide what to do. I eventually got a letter from INS saying that the the application was "denied" due to abandonment. I called IIO and she said that since there was no response in the application (ie FP), the application was denied. I am trying to get it appealed. ( there is a process in the denial letter) Will let you know what happens.

I am going through my lawyer and AILA to get to the bottom of this. According to the AILA rep, this is happening a lotthese days. and she is going to follow up with INS.

P.S. the person who told that FP notice was sent 8 months ago, had the actual file in front of him/her.

Please let me know what happens to your case too.

thanks ND0700, few questions

Thanks for sharing your experience. I am not sure whether the person who told that FP was sent earlier had the file in front of her in my case.
In your case, after how many months applying 485 did you call IIO? After that when did you get that denial notice? If we get that kind of denial notice can we work? Do you have valid H1 or only EAD? What is the procedure to do appealing? In my case attorney is not that co-operative. That is why I am so frustrated. I am still waiting for the decision from INS. So far I did not hear anything. Do you think that going to local INS without FP notice will help for taking FP?
I will keep posted my updates.

No Title

sep7,

My ND/RD was 7/00. No FP notice was received, but INS says that they had sent 4 notices (from Oct 00 till May 01). the denial notice was received on 8/8/01. In the notice, there was a period till Sept 10 to file a motion to appeal.

If your lawyer is a member of AILA, then he can go through his AILA rep (as did nime) to figure out what happened to the case. I had my lawyer contact AILA more than 2 weeks ago and didn\'t hear anything till today. We are planning to file an appeal before Sep 10th.

I am currently on my second EAD. I have seen some people contact their Senators about INS cases, I am not sure if this one qualifies or what the qualifications for them are. But this is the status as of today.

I hope that this helps, let me know what happens to your case as well.