Anyone with RFE replied to INS...

BPBJHL042002

Registered Users (C)
Is there anyone with RFE replied to INS, AVM still showing same message "On September 23 we mailed a notice requesting additional evidence or information in this case. The notice explains in detail what additional material is needed. If you have questions about the notice, what is required, or if 14 days have passed and you have not received the notice, please speak to an Immigration Information Officer during business hours."

I just hope those folks did not mistaken my RFE reply as a toilet roll! It's just so hopeless. RFE was mailed back on Oct 8 but up to today the Online Status still shows the same message. AVM is also the same thing. RFE was for employment letter! I wonder what did they with my RFE!

My lawyer kept telling me that it just takes time for them to match up my RFE and case, but 3 weeks?? I hope it is not lost!

Thanks,
Unlucky & :confused:

Response to RFE

I am in the same boat. RFE response sent to INS by my lawyer and still the same message on AVM that on Sept 17, we mailed you a notice for further evidence.....

Online status still show that on Aug we received the response to rfe..the earlier rfe that I had received....

Don't panic! It takes time to update AVM. Mine was updated 4 days after I sent RFE response. My attorney insisted to use Fedex overnite for mailing. Hope you too have done the same!

I know, I know...

I know, I guess my tiny brain just cannot grasp the notion that it takes so long just to update the case and get a decision.
My RD is 07/30 and am still waiting for a miracle to happen to my case. Guess I have to sit and hatch some eggs first eh<cynical>? Maybe next Easter?
:confused:

Oh darn it...

Darn it, I forgot...tomorrow's Halloween! Perhaps they used it for their Halloween decorations! Shucks! I hope not...

:D

Hi Zhennl:

Yep...one for the BC and the other one for Medical, Employment Letter and EAD Copy.

Guess what?

My lawyer called on Tuesday and they still couldn't match the RFE to my case. She's going to resend the RFE again today. These folks are moron, incompetent!! I'll be lucky if I ever see light at end of the tunnel this year! Makes me sick and digusted with these folks! Oh well, can't do anything except to wait and pray till I am blue and green and purple in the face, can I?

Happy Halloween folks!

RD 08/10/01
ND 09/19/01
RFE issued on oct 10th 2002

My RFE was mailed back to ins on 1/01/02 and ins received it on 11/04/02 (per courier tracking hist) . But the online message shows that they received on 11/05/02. Waiting for approval

Rajju...did your AVM updated yet??

Rajju...did your AVM updated yet??

My lawyer used Express Mail...she said they don't take Fedex for mailing to NSC. You should have seen my expression when she said that.

IIO at NSC are telling me that it is backlog....

:( :mad:

You have to laugh!

Oct 28 my AVM status changed ... Online status changed a day later and they requested an R.F.E. Online status again changed on Nov 7 indicating that they received it on Nov 6 (again a day later). The text of the message is frightening though - 450 days wait!!! I think they should have rounded up to a 1000 day wait. Anecdotal evidence suggests otherwise and hopefully I will get a response within 14 days.

For once - I think the INS asked an intelligent question!

They asked how was I in status from Jan 2002 onwards?

At the time I submitted I-485, I was on the H1B visa - this was expiring in Jan 2002. So the I-485 had no reference to the impending EAD. So I applied for the EAD - recieved that in Nov 2001, valid for a year - renewed again to make it valid till Nov 2003.

All I can do now is chuckle at the status message ... 450 days!!!