Anyone with RFE for I485?

ravig

Registered Users (C)
Hi,
RFE on feb 11, 2001.
I sent reply to the RFE for paystub, w2 etc on 3/27/2001.
From the regitered letter I\'ve the receipt date as April 5th 2001.
But AVM is not updated yet about the receipt...
Is it normal?
Anyone with RFE could explain this. DO they update the RFE receipt in the AVM at all. How long typically it takes to get approval.
(My ND/RD 09/00. EB2 India. EAD/AP received.)

No Title

I am also in the same boat.
RFE on 1/17/01 for corporate IT returns, DE6 - quarterly wage report and medical report for missing info(x-ray).
Replied on 2/2/01 and AVM message was never updated. Fortunately, in first week of April discovered that INS never received RFE.
Sent the RFE reply again on 4/12/01. Confirmed by tracking no. that
INS received it on 4/14/01 (on a Saturday!) and till today AVM is not updated for receipt of RFE. So, the wait....continues...

Hope this helps.

EB2 RIR INDIA
PD 1/99, RD 8/00, ND 9/00

No Title

Me too.

Got RFE on Jan 17th due to company merger.
Replied with new I140 in Feb 1st week - AVM updated Feb 3rd week.
Replied RFE with I140 recipt in March 1st week - AVM updated March 2nd week.

Still waiting for the green light.

RK

No Title

I got RFE on 03/07 asking w2s, tax documents. I sent the reply on 04/11. AVM is not updated till now.

No Title

How come your first mail didnt reach? Didnt you send by certified mail..? In the second time, do you have any other evidence, say like INS IIO or someone said so.
DO you know anyone with RFE receiving approval without the AVM never showing the receipt of RFE.?

No Title

Is any of your AVM updated?, I replied on 4/20 and mine is still the same, INS sent to me on 4/12 and received on 4/16 and replied immediately.

No Title

thats normal. they update AVM very late. i received rfe in regard to my i-140 petition, and the avm was updated with "response received" just days before the 140 was approved.

my question to all-
since i already got rfe in my 140 stage(for paystubs and company financials), i\'m hoping that i won\'t get rfe again in 485 stage. does anyone know about it?
is there anyone who got rfe reg. 140 and again in 485 stage?

thanks

No Title

i got rfe in i-140 for educational docs and rfe in i-485 for amended i-140 (merger).

No Title

How long does it take for I-485 approval after RFE ie W2,paystubs etc. in the VSC area? Sent RFE 4/30/01.What time frame should I be looking at!!!!

No Title

I think i should\'ve put it this way...
is there a possibility for rfe in 485 stage regarding the same info asked in 140 stage? because i see postings here from people who got rfe for paystubs, financials etc which i was asked for in 140 stage itself. i don\'t have any complications such merger, working in different locations etc.

thanks neo, for your response.

No Title

Lawyer had sent the RFE to INS by express mail. But the ZIP code was wrong. When I asked lawyer about the NON-RECEIPT of RFE, she told me to wait for 3 months without doing anything. I got suspicious as the last date for RFE was around the corner. Meanwhile, lawyer went on vacation. I got the tracking no. from Lawyer\'s assistant (Paralegal)
and found out that there was a mistake. USPS had retained the package
for about 9 weeks and when I enquired about it they sent it back to the sender( to Attorney). But attorney says that they did not receive it. So, I called INS and IIO told me that their system doesn\'t show the receipt of RFE. Then I forced the paralegal to send the copy of the RFE again. And this time I took the tracking no. and confirmed that it was delivered 3 days before the last date. However, I didnot call INS again. Someone on the forum mentioned that his/her RFE was sent to INS by FedEx. But I don\'t think FedEx accepts PO BOX addresses, as RFE should be addressed to PO BOX 10485.

No Title

AVM got updated today to reflect the receipt of RFE reply on 5/3/01.
It took 18 days to update AVM !

No Title

Hello All,

I got a 485 RFE ( w-2s) on Jan 4th 2001. My lawyer sent the evidence on Mar 1st 2001. I checked on Apr 18th with IIO and according to that IIO, my case was approved on Apr 2nd. Even till today, I haven\'t recd anything from CSC, even worse, my AVM says, I got a RFE on Jan 4th 2001 blah blah...

Looks like mine is another interesting case to quote INS\'s mysterious behaviour.

Thanks everyone,

No Title

I was approved after I-485 RFE as per AVM on 30th April.

Details are as follows:
EB3, India
PD 12/97, ND 12/99
Fingerprint 07/00.
RFE 02/01
RFE reply sent 03/01.
No ack for RFE reply on AVM.

Message changed to "Approved on 30th April" last week.
It has been a long journey!

This forum has been very helpful. Good luck to all.

Pankaj