Anyone with positive TB skin test, had to take treatment?

techy2468

Registered Users (C)
my spouse got a RFE to get TB skin test done, since for us the doctor has only done the X-Ray (Negative).

I have heard that due to BCG vaccination or allergies, most people get the skin test as positive, but the X-Ray being negative confirms that TB infection is not present.

but in the below thread people have been talking about treatment.

DID ANYONE HAD TO UNDERGO TREATMENT, FOR POSITIVE SKIN TEST, EVEN IF X-RAY WAS NEGATIVE??

http://www.immigrationportal.com/showthread.php?t=244063

Treatment is supposed to be by pills which are extremely toxic, and hence will definitely damange the liver.

Last edited by a moderator:
my spouse got a RFE to get TB skin test done, since for us the doctor has only done the X-Ray (Negative).

I have heard that due to BCG vaccination or allergies, most people get the skin test as positive, but the X-Ray being negative confirms that TB infection is not present.

but in the below thread people have been talking about treatment.

DID ANYONE HAD TO UNDERGO TREATMENT, FOR POSITIVE SKIN TEST, EVEN IF X-RAY WAS NEGATIVE??

http://www.immigrationportal.com/showthread.php?t=244063

Treatment is supposed to be by pills which are extremely toxic, and hence will definitely damange the liver.

Hi,

I had a positive reaction for skin test. I was adviced to go for X-ray test by the doctor and X-ray came negative. Based on this he wrote a report and was accepted. You don't take treatment unless you have the condition. My doctor also mentioned, the positive reaction on skin test is due to BCG and other vaccines that we have taken in india in childhood. I suggest you do the skin test and send it for the RFE. Do not take pills if you don't have the condition.

thanks......its not about us taking the pills.......in the other thread......people were speculating that USCIS forces us to take treatment......

but i have a feeling that its just our paranoia......but on the other hand we know how uscis works......so wanted to see if uscis really has a draconian rule.....which is not followed by the medical community anymore...

Tb Skin Test Issues

I was granted asylum in 2004, and advised to go for the test. The skin test was positive and the X-ray was negative. I was required to take treatment for nine months. Which i did.

When i adjusted last year, i didnot take the skin test, but gave the doctor proof of previous treatment. He still marked the skin test as not done, and the X-ray as normal. He never commented on further treatment. I submitted both the 1-485,and the medical at the same time and received the Finger Printing notice a month later

I have several questions:
1)Does NSC approve one for initial Biometrics, before making sure the medicals are ok? I am worried about the doctor not marking the skin test as done , and the possibility of future RFE. If they called me for biometrics, a month after receiving my complete application, does that mean the medical report was accepted?

2)I see conflicting processing timelines on USCIS. One has the processing date to the one in 2004, and onother talks of processing cases received after 2005 by September 2007. Which one is accurate? My last LUD was after the initial FP is july 2006

I will appreciate any comments. This site is great and i am a new member